cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate

Judder and blurry sky sports

Hi,

I currently watch Sky Sports via NowTV on my PS4.

This is connected via ethernet and I get fibre and after running speedtests I get c45mb download and c20mb upload.

My TV is a Sony 4k - I have excellent picture quality when streaming YouTube etc. so know that I do not have any TV/Network/PS4 related issues.

Ever since NowTV has been upgraded I get terrible picture quality (I may as well stream illegally instead of paying!). Close up, still motion is ok but when this pans to match action (footy) the picture becomes blurry with motion judder. I have deleted the app/re-installed and have gone in/out of the channel. This does not help. The picture qualiy is 0 when I used to get >3000 on the old app.

Any ideas how to improve the picture quality?

Cheers

This post has been archived

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

0 Thanks
96 Replies
Highlighted
Advocate

Re: SKY SPORTS BOX OFFICE

not at all. it was posted you could get the anthony joshua fight as ive just pasted in the previous comment... its false advertisement! 

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

Sky Sports Box Office Event

Hi

I have downloaded the app also got a Sky account

Was wanting to purchase the boxing event on the 10th of December.

Can not find any information as to wether I can book this event or not. Also the Sky community are not being helpful

Thanks for any info

Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Sky Sports Box Office Event

Hi and welcome to the forum @matman84,

Perhaps the following 'Help Centre' article may be of use to you: Can I watch Sky Sports Box Office events on NOW TV?

Cheers

• TV 1: LG 65UH770V | Software: v05.30.65 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • TV 2: LG 43UH668V | Software: v05.50.55 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • All TV's: NOW TV app v4.7.25 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • ISP: Virgin Media@100Mbps | WIRED NETWORK: 1Gbps | NAS: Synology DS212+ •

Highlighted

having exactly the same problems. looking to purchase the joshua fight for 16.95. i can see its available on the box office website but dont understand why now tv app doesnt. u had anymore joy finding a solution?

Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @stephnick,

'Sky Sports Box Office' events are not offered via the NOW TV platform, they are offered by Sky Television plc using their own dedicated app!

However, if own a NOW TV box, you can download and install the dedicated 'Sky Sports Box Office' app and purchase 'box office' sports events to your heart's content... 😉

Another good reason to buy a NOW TV box

Cheers

• TV 1: LG 65UH770V | Software: v05.30.65 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • TV 2: LG 43UH668V | Software: v05.50.55 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • All TV's: NOW TV app v4.7.25 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • ISP: Virgin Media@100Mbps | WIRED NETWORK: 1Gbps | NAS: Synology DS212+ •

0 Thanks
Highlighted

I have done that but there's no upcoming fights that's on the app. otherwise I would 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@stephnick wrote:
I have done that but there's no upcoming fights that's on the app. otherwise I would 

For anyone who's interested. Here's a link to the up-coming Sky Sports Box Office Events.

As I mentioned before, all this content is offered by Sky Television plc via their own dedicated 'app'. Which means if anyone is unhappy with what's on offer or are having issues connecting to Sky's service they're better off contacting a Sky TV representative....

Cheers

Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:
For anyone who's interested. Here's a link to the up-coming Sky Sports Box Office Events.

As I mentioned before, all this content is offered by Sky Television plc via their own dedicated 'app'. Which means if anyone is unhappy with what's on offer or are having issues connecting to Sky's service they're better off contacting a Sky TV representative....

Cheers

That link is for ordering Sky Box Office to watch on a Sky box, it WON'T allow you to watch on the NOW TV app, neither will contacting Sky TV staff help as it's NeuLion who organise streaming to the app.

To order events for the NOW TV box app you need to go via https://skyboxoffice.neulion.com/ however the annoying thing is they offer no indication if the fight is being streamed or when it will be available to order. According to their Twitter feed 

https://twitter.com/neulionsupport/status/803704795353804800

I'd suggest anyone who wants to enquire do so via their Twitter account or email fansupport 'at' neulion.com 

Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy wrote:

That link is for ordering Sky Box Office to watch on a Sky box, it WON'T allow you to watch on the NOW TV app...

Indeed... It is however a reliable resource as to all upcoming Sky Sports Box Office events 😉

0 Thanks