cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

2 Direct Debits taken out when service cancelled months ago!

Dear team,

I've noticed 2 direct debits of £9.99 were taken from my account.

this is disappointing because I haven't had broadband for sometime and cancelled the sports service months ago.

please advise how this money can be refunded?

7 REPLIES 7
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Dear team,

I've noticed 2 direct debits of £9.99 were taken from my account.

this is disappointing because I haven't had broadband for sometime and cancelled the sports service months ago.

please advise how this money can be refunded?

Hi @Anonymous User

Firstly can I correct a common misconception now TV does not take payments by direct debit. They take payments by a continuous/Rolling card payment. Direct debit payments do not involve your card and involve you providing your account number and sort code to a merchant/organisation direct debit payments are typically used for things like mobile phone contracts.

As you've been as you've been charged £9.99 twice. These charges are probably for a movies pass. People are only usually charged twice if they have multiple accounts. This help article might help explain why you've been charged multiple times. Now TV should be able to help you determine whether you have multiple accounts. You can check your now TV purchase history by going to the purchase history section of the my account area on the website. To do this click my account near the top right of any page on the now TV website and then select purchase history. 

The best way to deal with this is to speak to live chat click the link that I have given you above. Then scroll down to the bottom of the page. Click contact us. Then click live chat

Hope that helpsSmiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi,

I cancelled my rolling sky sports pass several months ago and I haven't taken any movie passes or individual movies for sometime.

How will you pay this money back into my account?

P.S I also don't have broadband at home now for several months so this is quite frustrating.

Please also confirm their are no rolling agreements on my account as this was all update online sometime ago?

M
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User have you checked your passes on this website. It really does sound like you signed up for the movies (possibly on the 14 day trial) and didn't cancel it when cancelling the sports pass a few months ago.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes, no passes live.

M
Anonymous User
Not applicable

To clarify NO passes have been purchased over the last few months and Sky Sports rolling was cancelled some months ago.

I have had online access today so I checked my account again and was unable to watch any tv and all subscriptions cancelled in my account.

What is the next step to get this money refunded?

M

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hello,

I suggest that you access the forums 'live chat' facility, preferably by using a Windows or Mac computer (not a mobile device) and explain your requirements to them.

Click on the following: Manage my account link. 

• Scroll down to the 'Contact Us' button (on the bottom left of the web page) and click on it.
  • A new web page should open up with the 'Live Chat' button at the top right of the page.
  • Click on the 'Live Chat' button and a new window should open up, with a range of drop-down options and a 'Request Chat' button.

That being said, I'm with Commanda6 on this one... It sounds like you have more than one NOW TV account 😉

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear about this, it does sound pretty confusing but I'll help clear this up for you 🙂

The next step would be to reply to the email that I've just sent you so we can get this sorted out as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Ryan

NOW TV Team