cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

hub two router

hi, new to NOW broadband and just received my hub 2 router I noticed theres only two ethernet ports on the back.will these hubs work ok if I fit an ethernet switch/splitter as I need three ports.

thanks in advance for any advice

gishy 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Shouldn't be a problem, where i use a Trendnet 8 port Gigabit hub switch off my NowTV Home Hub 2 Router and it works a treat in my home network setup Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Shouldn't be a problem, where i use a Trendnet 8 port Gigabit hub switch off my NowTV Home Hub 2 Router and it works a treat in my home network setup Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's about £60. I would recommend an unmanaged Gigabit Netgear switch for about £18

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I paid about £15 for my Trendnet 8 port unmanged gigabit hub switch about 4 to 5 years ago from either Ebay or Ebuyer which does the trick for me and worked on my old BT Hub 4 router and new NowTV Hub 2 router.

Here's a similar model to mine, not sure how this compares to the Netgear Gigabit hub switch suggested by @Anonymous User.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TRENDnet-Unmanaged-GREENnet-Switching-Capacity/dp/B00C2H0YUA/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1533750694&sr=8-5&keywords=trendnet+switch+gigabit

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That one looks OK.

Looking at amazon there are quite a few to choose from

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dcomputers&field-keywords=switch+gigabit

I like the metal Netgear ones. We use them at work sometimes.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

thanks guys I bought this one ,seems to work fine and only £12 as well

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-LINK-TL-SG1005D-5-Ports-Gigabit-Ethernet/dp/B00ZOOJXEG/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

just a thought-you can use an old router as a means of increasing the number of ethernet connections-I googled it and it's working fine. Avoided spending money!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

as the now TV router has only two ethernet ports spare , can you plug into anyone and its good to go. Or can you remember what you did , any info would be great fully received.

dav

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have brought one of these switches that has additional ports that you plug in to the NOW TV Hub Two. Now my broadband is shocking barely anything opens up. It constantly tells me that googleleadservices can't open the page

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Just a thought have you changed your Broadband Buddy settings where the default is PG13 ?

Maybe go to My Account > Settings & Pin's on here and try either the custom setting, a higher age setting or switch off the Broadband Buddy to see if that makes any difference accessing websites on your NowTV router .