cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shannean17-
Advocate

Waiting for a engineer visit

How long does it take for a engineer to visit? Haven't had no working internet since Saturday gone for whole weekend. Nowtv said it was a faulty router box I have so sent me out a new one and received it on Monday this week. Still was playing up until today it went again for good. Only 2 green lights on the box and I have done everything I've been asked to do and nothing. Found out today it's to do with a outside copper wire of which they should of known when I called on Saturday which left us without TV and internet. Got 5 children so when they are used to watching TV and playing games or using the laptop it's not good. Nowtv are saying 24/48 hrs for a engineer to come and it's a bank holiday weekend so not sure they even come out then. I'm so annoyed with this broadband now as it has been playing up before now but this time it's been worse. Payment was due yesterday but I am refusing to pay as I've had no internet for 5 days now on and off and I told them I except compensation as well. Nowtv broadband used to be so good back in the day but now it's just rubbish. I will be going elsewhere after this. I just hope the engineer don't take long as I really can't have my 5 and 11 year old saying every minute they are bored this weekend. 

1 REPLY 1
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Shannean17- 

No idea I am afraid as I haven't been a customer for NOW with broadband in 7 plus years. However NOW do not have any engineers as they don't own their own network, as they rely 100% on OpenReach to maintain the network.

Not sure if this is of any consolation.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/auto-compensation

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help