cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Very slow Now TV Broadband

Hi, this is my last resort to fix my broadband speed. The web pages are taking ages to download, even a youtube video I can't watch. I spoked two times with the customer service and on the last conversation they told me that maybe the router is faulty ( but I dont believe that). I did all the checks : router location on room, replaced the microfilter, cable, changed the wireless channels, dezactivated the router firewall, WPA2-PSK Security Encryption, broadband buddy - nothing is working. 

My download speed is 0.08 Mbps and upload 4.59 Mbps on Fab fibre ( is like a bad joke).

The customer service told me that the line is looking without problems and when tested it shows 40 Mbps download and 10 Mbps upload. 

I even tried a wired connection ( ethernet) between my hub and laptop and the speed is the same 0.08 Mbps.

I tried then to change the hub with a spare sky router that I had  and is behaving exactly the same. No change in speed. wireless or wired connection.

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Have you tried power down the router for 20 minutes to see if that improves the internet speed ?

Also you mention Fab Fibre and Micro Filters, is your Master Socket a dual socket with an inbuilt Micro filter or a standard single point socket ?

If it's a twin socket, try removing the inline micro filter adpator that came with your Hub router.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-do-i-set-up-my-microfilters

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

The master socket is a standard single point socket.

I will power down the router for 20 min to see if something will change!

Thank you

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm sorry i don't but the problem seems to be all over the place

I have been trying to watch 1 episode of a programme on Now TV for hours, it keeps stopping and i'm having to reboot the system, Now TV is my broadband provider.  Everything in my house went down about 13.00pm, again had to reboot the system, i did the speed test on the website and it says i have a broadband failure, error code 1 keeps coming up, "something is wrong".

The website keeps telling me to goto the NOW TV Community but i need to speak with tech, my speed is absolute rubbish at the moment, this is just getting on my nerves.