cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
333SSS

Subtitles; when provided are far too small to read. Please help

Hi Folks, 

I'm a new user and have checked subtitle size across all of my different devices, but the subtitles are miniscule. I cannot see any option to change their size. Can anyone help?

I am an online user, I do not have the Now TV box.

14 REPLIES 14
Saint1976
Elite 3

@333SSS @schnapps 

Roku small

Screenshot_2023-04-24-12-25-35-99_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg

Roku extra large

Screenshot_2023-04-24-12-22-34-90_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg

PC default (won't change when I go to 200% in Windows closed caption settings).

Screenshot_2023-04-24-12-50-54-93_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg

Android won't change either but I can't show as you can't take screenshots.

RoyB
Legend

@Saint1976 

Android screen shot 😛

821E844E-7DB0-48B3-802C-44DB2D0F3C5D.jpeg

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hello one and all

For android phone and tablet. Please see the following topic for a possible workaround

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Mobile/Subtitle-size-on-Google-Pixel-6/m-p/603916/highlight/true#M541... 

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @R0bp 

for android phones and tablets. A workaround was found by myself  and confirmed by @RoyB see the link in my post above if you're interested. However, users still cannot adjust the appearance of subtitles on Amazon devices. And yes, I do think this is quite the oversight as myself and a few others have been requesting this capability for quite some time.

Unfortunately, if users wish to customise the appearance of subtitles on Now , the choices they have for devices are

• Roku
  • android phone and tablet
  • iPhone and iPad (I'm not sure how to do it  And these devices but I think @RoyB  might be able to help with that. I am not sure about Apple TV devices
  • casting to an android TV/Google TV device from a phone or tablet (the caption settings of the device you're casting to are used to determine the appearance of subtitles. Caption settings are typically found in the accessibility section of the settings menu of android TV/Google TV devices) 

if I'm honest, Roku is your best choice if you want to subtitle customisation on the big screen

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
RoyB
Legend

@R0bp 

The subtitle size for Now on Firesticks is controlled from the Firestick Settings/Accessibility, as are many other subtitle options.

Have you tried changing things there?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.