cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
333SSS

Subtitles; when provided are far too small to read. Please help

Hi Folks, 

I'm a new user and have checked subtitle size across all of my different devices, but the subtitles are miniscule. I cannot see any option to change their size. Can anyone help?

I am an online user, I do not have the Now TV box.

14 REPLIES 14
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @333SSS 

What playback devices are you using? 

Where on my various playback devices (though I don't use a PC with NOW streaming) I have to go into the actual playback device settings itself (usually under Captions or Subtitles) to change the subtitles text size etc.

333SSS
Hello, 
Thanks for your reply. I have adjusted the settings on my playback devices: TV, phone and tablet this has no effect on the size of the subtitles on the NOW TV app unfortunately. 
To put this into perspective: Netflix subtitles are about X4 enlarged And Amazon Prime allows users to choose their subtitle font size. (None of the font sizes are anywhere near as small as the NOW TV font) 
The NOW TX font is unusable. 
Does anyone have evidence of their fonts being of reasonable size in their device? Maybe this issue is a glitch on my account only? 
Many thanks. 
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @333SSS 

Maybe quote the playback devices you have tried, where other forum members on here can offer more advice if they own the same particular device or devices.

Where from memory on my Android Tablet and Amazon Fire Stick the subtitles can be customised under their Accessibility settings on the actual device (not NOW App).

Where on my Roku players, to change the text size is under the Roku main Settings > Closed Captions.

333SSS
Hello,
Thanks again for your reply. The subtitle size options are independent of the Now TV app. Therefore they have no effect on the size. It appears NOW TV has a glitch. Perhaps it's only my account. Would you be able to video  screenplay your NOW TV app with subtitles working correctly and readable? 
My partner is an audio visual expert too, he's confirmed that changing settings out with the app has no effect. 
Many thanks. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@333SSS 

The user replying to your posts is just another customer like you and me. So the user does not work for NOW and therefore saying "your app" is irrelevant. 

You also didn't give any information to what devices you are having the issue with. Which is a question that the user asked.

All we can do is try to help as much as we can as part of our experience or at least point you in the right direction. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @333SSS 

I am not at home right now and the only device I have with me is an Amazon Fire HD10 tablet and the NOW App doesn't work on it because I have the 20001 error code message.

Best bet is to jump over to NOW live chat, where they should be able to assist you further on this matter.

Suggest you also specify the playback devices using i.e. for example if watching on a Smart TV then give NOW live chat the make and model of the television, if using a tablet or phone let them know the OS and OS number.

Click on the green chat online button on this link page below to get in touch with NOW live chat.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @333SSS 

I am back home now.

Where I noticed that for some reason the text size adjustment doesn't seem to work for me on my Amazon Fire Stick where under the Stick Accessibility Settings it doesn't matter if you select small or extra large the text subtitles sizes remains the small text size on the NOW App (I am sure it worked when I tested it a while back, but I don't use subtitles myself).

Where my Roku player under Subtitles in its Settings I can make the text subtitles really big by selecting either large or extra large and this works fine on the NOW App.

My Amazon Fire HD10 tablet was also working fine with subtitles on NOW when under Accessibility on the tablet I selected text size "Extra large" when I tested about a month ago (i can't test this anymore because my tablet NOW App gives me the 20001 error code message).

Here's a screen shot of the largest text size I can get from the Roku set to extra large.

20230424_122309.jpg

Here's the biggest size text I could squeeze out of my Amazon Fire Stick NOW App where all text sizes are the same size.

20230424_122550.jpg

R0bp
Observer

Did you ever get a resolution to this? I'm having same issue with firestick and Nowtv subtitle size. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @R0bp 

I don't use subtitles and haven't checked to be honest until you asked on here.

Went into the Amazon Fire Stick Accessibility Settings and changed text to large for a test and then switched on subtitles in the Fire Stick Accessibility Settings.

Then tried the NOW App and forced subtitles on when watching an on Demand show with my Entertainment Membership and for me the text size seems to be working has it should.

Only tested on one TV show on NOW (assuming it would be the same for all NOW content that supports subtitles).

Also tried a live NOW channel stream and also subtitles text size looks fine when selecting large for example has a test in the Amazon Fire Stick Accessibility Settings.