cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AH-93
Advocate

Samsung TV & Smart Monitors freezing whilst watching NOW TV with Boost

Since the latest NOW TV/Samsung firmware update. NOW TV causes any Samsung monitor/TV I own to freeze with the only way to get the TV back responding by turning it off completely and turning it back on again. It happens every time I watch it and NOW TV is basically unusable on Samsung Smart TVs for me. My TV's are on an ethernet connection directly to my router.

I have tried the following:

- Clearing cache/data for the app

- Factory resetting Samsung TV

- Changing DNS provider to Google (8.8.8.8) & Cloudflare (1.1.1.1)_

- Resetting my home router

Has anyone else had this issue and has anyone found a resolution to this? Only started happening in the last 2 weeks.

7 REPLIES 7
redchiz1
Champion 2

I don't have a Samsung TV personally, but let's see if others who do report similar issues. Is NOW TV working OK on other devices? Have you reached out to the support team? Or to Samsung directly? 

AH-93
Advocate

Hi there, so I have tried it on a Youview box and a Fire TV stick and these are both working completely fine.

I haven't yet gone to either support team yet but am likely to in the next day or two. Just watching the F1 now and my TV just had the same thing happen this morning. 

msummers40

I’m finding this issue with Now, as well. Any chance you’ve found a solution? I’m close to resetting my TV to see if that makes a difference. 

Channels/apps on the same Samsung TV, like Netflix and Disney +, are working fine. 

bnez
Advocate

I have the same with my Samsung TV. I have two Samsungs and only the newer QE55QN90A one has this problem. The older one doesn’t have this issue. It’s only started happening in the last couple of months. All others streaming services work fine even at 4K. 

bnez
Advocate

I managed to get mine working again properly just by changing DNS to 8.8.8.8 (google). It seems to be a bit fragile.

redchiz1
Champion 2

>>>>Samsung.

RoyB
Legend

@AH-93 

Samsung recommend a complete disconnection from the mains, hold your finger on the power button for 30 seconds, wait a further 2 minutes, power up again.

Can’t hurt to try,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.