cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LB01
Advocate

Hub two

After reading comments on the Hub two, I don't  think this kit is up to date for full fibre.

I was with BT and they said I need to have the new Hub for the speed and WiFi. The reason why I changed supplier because freezing and buffering while watching movies etc. 

Old equipment will not give the requirment for wifi around the house.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@LB01 wrote:

After reading comments on the Hub two, I don't  think this kit is up to date for full fibre.

That hardly matters as Now don't do full fibre.

LB01
Advocate
In the area where i live, says full fibre. Checked with post code. I know BT don't have full fibre, but have deals for full fibre. This is also the package for full fibre guaranteed speeds by Now. Faster than BT.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think you are confused, your post code may have full fibre available, but Now will not be able to use it (yet). Hopefully in the near future they may start to offer it.

LB01
Advocate

I know BT are behind with full fibre, they are upgrading next year. They are miss selling full fibre, its only to the cabinets. NOW using old BT lines.

I am going on full fibre because a new company Installing fibre cable to property soon. I have registered for installation. 

You may live in a area where BT upgrading later this year. 

RoyB
Legend

@LB01 

Somebody is laying their own full fibre in an area where Openreach will be laying their full fibre soon?

I would double-check if this new company is laying their own independent fibre, or just reselling the Openreach cable, when it arrives, to their own ISP services.

AAMOI, what is this new company called? And if you can safely divulge it, what area are we talking about?

Hateful though they are, BT broadband is unburstable, arrives when they say it will, has Hubs that work without all sorts of peculiar limitations and if the WiFi signal doesn’t reach all parts of your home, they provide extenders to cover this. And support is 24/7, not 15/5, as those of us who provide remote support 24/7 to our employer, when WFH, require.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.