cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Problem with getting normal tv on keeps either going off or tv or catch up tv

I have a now tv box at my rental property but it keeps either changing source or when I do get it on goes to catch up instead of normal channels I just want to know how to rectify this for my guests 

thank you 

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Do you mean that your guests want to watch normal Freeview TV from the television inbuilt TV tuner at your rental property, rather than watching stuff on the nowtv box ?

If so, you may have to provide them some basic instructions on how to operate both the TV and nowtv box.

So when they want to watch Freeview TV channels on the TV, they will need to press either the TV or source button on the television remote controller until the Freeview channels show on screen.

Or should they wish to watch catch up then they will have to press the nowtv box remote and if the TV doesn't automatically change to the correct HDMI channel, then they will have to keep pressing the TV remote source button until NowTV appears on the screen.

Also have a play around with the 1Touch feature in the nowtv box settings if you prefer it enabled or disabled when your TV HDMI CEC is switched on for your guests (personally i would leave it enabled). 

Apologises in advance if i have misunderstood your posted message.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Should have also mentioned, if your TV is losing the HDMI signal to the nowtv box and the screen goes blank, then try a different HDMI port and HDMI cable with your television set.