cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jcarr
Advocate

Need a engineer but order says no engineer required , but i dont have any box to plug internet into

There is no box in my flat , looks like there used to be one there , so I will need an engineer visit , when I rang up they said there must be a box to plug hub into told them there definately isn't,  my start date is 7th August so got told to phone up then and arrange a engineer visit , is this right as I would of thought that a engineer would come out before as there is nothing to plug in 

6 REPLIES 6
RoyB
Legend

@Jcarr 

Yes, that’s wrong. Call Now Broadband back and ask to speak to a supervisor.

If your go-live date is the 7th August, then that is the absolutely last date that an engineer should attend and get everything ready for plug in and switch on.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jcarr
Advocate

Thankyou , I didn't think it was right either , I will call them tomorrow 

Jayach
Elite 3

If the 7th is the date Now have given you for the Openreach appointment, I doubt there is much chance of getting one earlier. Unfortunately the lack of a socket means the engineer will need to provide one. If it is only the internal wiring that has been removed, they will probably be able to fix that, but if it needs more extensive work then it will probably lead to a delay in your broadband supply.

RoyB
Legend

@Jayach 

According to @Jcarr , there is no engineer visit planned as Now think there is a working socket, so it would just be a matter of plugging in the posted router and waiting for Now to do the needful at their end.

I am always impressed by the stickum of people who persist with a Now Broadband implementation despite a decidedly unpromising start to the relationship.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jayach
Elite 3

No engineer visit, doesn't mean no engineer. Every FTTC swap will require an engineer, but many won't need a visit to the premises.

Obviously in this case the database is wrong, and hopefully the engineer will recognise that and act accordingly.

Every new/reconnect will require an engineer, it is up to the engineer to decide how to handle it.

RoyB
Legend

@Jayach 

We are obviously going to need some new acronyms, OETTC and OETTP 😛