cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lexlagoon
Advocate

Is the website wrong?

I'm going through the process of trying to setup a new broadband account on the website.

Below is a link to what comes up - the Super Fibre is showing the same download speeds etc. as the Fab Fibre.

http://www.your-leads.co.uk/now_page_error.gif 

I think that this an error with the text on the page as I think the line at my address can sustain 70mbs - or is it perhaps related to my particular house?

29 REPLIES 29
redchiz1
Champion 2

Clearly close, but not quite the same if you look again. As they are both the same price it doesn't really matter, just don't get into any arguments about the max speeds versus the guaranteed minimum.  😉

lexlagoon
Advocate

Thanks and very well spotted!

I think that what is confusing me is that I've come to the signup page via Uswitch.com and there it claims that for this package the average UK speed is 63Mbps and then the page on the NOW site is stating pretty much half of that. 

I'm currently with TalkTalk and if I do a speed check from their site it says I am getting 64Mbps.

Do you think I will continue to get similar speeds if I switch to NOW on the Super Fibre package?

redchiz1
Champion 2

If you are on a FTTC service with TalkTalk then technically you should expect little difference with performance. But you can only go by the numbers NOW give you if you choose to switch

Jayach
Elite 3

@lexlagoon wrote:

I think that what is confusing me is that I've come to the signup page via Uswitch.com and there it claims that for this package the average UK speed is 63Mbps and then the page on the NOW site is stating pretty much half of that. 

Just to say the average UK speed for a package is even more meaningless than the guaranteed speed.

redchiz1
Champion 2

The guaranteed minimum provided by your ISP, as mandated by Ofcom, is meaningful. If only because if they cannot fix it you are entitled to leave without penalty in order to move to another provider.

RoyB
Legend

@lexlagoon 

I think you are right - somebody has boo-booed 😢

Here’s the page from just over a year ago, and is much more in line with your (and my) expectations:-

IMG_0851.png

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
redchiz1
Champion 2

@RoyB 

Surely that just demonstrates that the presentation is different now from what it was then?

RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 wrote:

@RoyB 

Surely that just demonstrates that the presentation is different now from what it was then?

@redchiz1 

My focus was on the numbers quoted.

66.4 - 73.6, for instance, where the current quote is 33.5 - 37.2.

Did you notice the different numbers there?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
redchiz1
Champion 2

@RoyB 

Yes of course, but it depends on the address you are checking from, does it not?