cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HDMI problem

Hello, sorry to come back for help so soon

The problem I have is, I have 3 HDMI ports on my Panasonic tv. I have a Freesat box in one, a DVD player in another and a Chromecast in a third. I have an HDMI adapter  with 2 ports. No matter what combination I use, I can't come to a satisfactory solution.

Help with this problem will be most appreciated.

Regard.  evan

6 REPLIES 6
Saint1976
Elite 3

Evan, what exactly is the problem as you haven't stated it?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Saint. As I mentioned in my original post,  I have 3 HDMI ports on my Panasonic tv. I have a Freesat box in one, a DVD player in another and a Chromecast in a third. I have an HDMI adapter  with 2 ports. I put my Nowtv stick in the spare port on the 2 way adapter alongside each of the other HDMI cables in turn without success. This morning I decided to try my Now tv in the adapter without any other cable and it worked, I then put the Nowtv into the other port on the adaper and found it wouldn't work. So I will order another adapter and hopefully I will have success. 

Sincere regards.   evan

Saint1976
Elite 3

If I've got this correct, what you're saying is things don't work going through the splitter. What you need is an HDMI switch.

A splitter, as the name suggests, is to split a signal going out eg a dvd player to two TVs. What you're trying to do is send two different signals into the TV and it's getting confused (think of sitting in a cinema with 2 projectors playing different films onto 1 screen, it would be a confusing mess).

An HDMI switch will turn off one of those signals so the TV gets only one lot of information at a time. You'll be better getting one with a remote so you don't have to reach behind the TV to switch signals.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Saint. Is this the item I may need.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-5-Port-1080P-Auto-Switch-3D-HDMI-Switcher-Selector-Splitter-Hub-iR-Re...

Sincere regards.  evan

Saint1976
Elite 3

Hi Evan

Yes, that's what you need.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you Saint, I will order one now.

Your help is most appreciated.

Sincere regards.   fredo