cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TimB2
Mentor

Go live day and router

My go live day is today. Instructions in app states not to install router till it goes live . Status in app under technical check show its not live yet. Old plusnet service went from blue to orange at 00:15 in the early hours. I have disconnected that router.

Reading other forum entries people are connecting the NowBB router either on or prior to go live?

Does the line need to see the NowBB router to go live, am I reading these instructions wrong or should I just be patient and not connect it?

Thanks Tim 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@TimB2 

The way I would read this is, if you don't need an engineer visit and you're on the date of your go live just set it up. 
It might be meaning don't connect the router the day before your go live date? 🤔

https://help.nowtv.com/article/i-ve-ordered-now-broadband-what-happens-next

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@TimB2 

The way I would read this is, if you don't need an engineer visit and you're on the date of your go live just set it up. 
It might be meaning don't connect the router the day before your go live date? 🤔

https://help.nowtv.com/article/i-ve-ordered-now-broadband-what-happens-next

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
TimB2
Mentor

Many thanks now online

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @TimB2 

No harm switching on the NOW Router and connect to the BT Master socket then just wait for all three green lights to show on the front of the Router.

When all three green lights are showing you are good to go.

This is what I did on my NOW Router.

TimB2
Mentor

Many thanks now online!

TimB2
Mentor

Just for others who may be confused by the procedure. It looks like the app procedure flow chart and technical status page are out of sync with reality. Connecting on the day of go live looks to be best advice and hoping after a couple of mins you see three green leds. This worked for me. 

On another point regarding the WiFi password the booklet in the box states to enter the password in capitals when it is clearly written in mixed case. Mixed case as per the label worked for me.

Thanks to gav and schnapps for your help and hope this helps someone else.

Cheers Tim 

alanJulie

Cheers Tim answered my question about the booklet saying password in Capitals