cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gondorff
Advocate

Ethernet not working

When I switched broadband provider to Now I simply unplugged the ethernet from the old router and plugged into the NowTV Hub 2 and it doesn't work.  The cable goes to an Ethernet switch with a variety of devices none of which works.  Note everything on wireless works fine, and I can access the router config over wireless.  To get the ethernet working I have tried:

• Checking the link state lights on both ends of the cable - they are all on and flashing as I'd expect on both NowTV hub 2 and ethernet switch
  • Switching the NowTV Hub 2 from Gigabit to Fast ethernet (even though my switch is gig)
  • Manually entering a correct IP address in one end device (making sure it doesn't clash with any wireless device IP addresses) - when I do this, I can't even ping the router from that device over ethernet (i.e. from device to switch to router)

I haven't tried connecting a device directly to the hub as that won't help me even if it does work - the Ethernet switch is in the next room.  I can't use wireless only as some devices don't have wifi.  

Help greatly appreciated

11 REPLIES 11
RoyB
Legend

@chilli2 

Would @Gondorff‘s “Switching the NowTV Hub 2 from Gigabit to Fast ethernet (even though my switch is gig)” count as that?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Gondorff
Advocate

I have tried both GIgabit and Fast - the switch is autosensing but I accept that sometimes doesn't work, however I have tried both with router reboot each time to no avail.