cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dropping Ethernet Connection

This is on behalf of my mum as fairly obvious she can't fix.

She has had NOWTV for a while and as i live hundreds of miles away i couldn't visit to help. now i can this is what i've found. 

The ethernet connection from the broadband router to the pc constantly drops to the wifi. 

The cable is fine i've checked/changed it. Ive gone onto cmd and done a dns flush and renew and release also netsh winsock reset and netsh int ip reset. Each time rebooting and the wired connection returns however it quickly drops back to wifi. If i disable the wifi connection she has no internet connection to her pc at all - tried the above  on the cmd line and the wired connection wont come back - arghhh. Is this an issue with the broadband router? has anyone else experienced this? I can't return home and leave her too it she relies on her pc for contact etc. Do i need to log a call with NOWTV to change the router? 

tia

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Before contacting the NOW Broadband Team I would see if setting the NOW Hub 2 Router to Fast Ethernet rather than Gigabit to see if that works over Ethernet between the NOW Hub and Laptop. 

Instructions in this link below. 

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/PC-Mac/Ethernet-not-working-on-one-device/m-p/546335 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi @schnapps schnapps 

it helped  thanks also updated hardware drivers did a ipconfig release and renew and all seems to be working fine now cheers