cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Minnie99
Mentor

Can’t log in

Logged in to website on iPad using Safari, tried to stream. Message said only on app. Downloaded app. Tried to log in. Got unexpected error message please try later and email saying new device signing in. Tried 5 times, same result. What am I doing wrong?

9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Minnie99 

I don't think you are doing anything wrong.

Where over on NOW Twitter (X) NOW tweeted that there is a problem their end which they are currently looking at with regards to iOS NOW App login problems with the message "unexpected error".

The tweet from NOW was about a day ago,so I have no idea if it has been fixed and I don't own any Apple iOS Mobile devices.

Do you use Twitter (X) if so, maybe jump over to NOW Help Twitter and send them a tweet or if not try NOW live chat for further assistance and help.

@Tony-D I can see it was your tweet on behalf of NOW Twitter Team, would you have an update of the ETA fix ?

Minnie99
Mentor

Really helpful, thank you. Doesn’t solve my problem but at least I feel less stupid!

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Minnie99 

Did you recently do the iPad OS17 update? 

As mines did it on Monday and I successfully watched the Blacklist today. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Minnie99
Mentor
Aha… no. I’m still on 16.6.1. Will leave plugged in overnight and hope it updates.
Thanks.
Minnie99
Mentor

No overnight update, still unable to log in. Maybe because this subscription is part of BT WiFi and TV contract that doesn’t activate until next week. Though the email from Now said can use it immediately. Netflix is working on same basis.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Minnie99 

You could also ask over on the BT TV Community Forum if you are a BT TV customer.

I think I read somewhere that if you only just setup a BT TV account the NOW content works pretty much straight away on the BT Youview boxes, but other devices may take up to around 24hours to work with your BT login details on the NOW App on other devices.

Strangely enough the person I mentioned over on Twitter who was using an iPad and possibly an iPhone with the same exact message is a BT TV customer also.

Though NOW tweeted back they believe that there is a technical problem their end which needs fixing.

@Tony-D of the NOW Team any chance of some assistance for @Minnie99 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Minnie99 

You don't need to leave it to check for the update. You can perform the update yourself and will speed things up. 

Not saying that the app is broken under iOS 16.6, however I know mines is still working after the forced update to iOS 17 that I requested on my iPad on Monday. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Minnie99 

Just read your last post again and you said the TV contract doesn't start until next week.

Perhaps this is the reason (though I am not a BT TV customer so not sure especially if you can already watch Netflix on your BT TV package offer).

Even if you can't log into the NOW App on your iPad you should be able to see the content inside the NOW App on what's available (though you may not be able to watch anything yet) without this error message popping up.

Might be best to phone the BT TV customer helpline for further assistance.

Do you have their telephone number?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Minnie99 

Here's a link for a BT TV support telephone number.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/contact-bt 

They might bounce you back to NOW, though whilst on the phone ask them if you can already use the NOW TV BT TV bolt on package.

Does the NOW package work on your BT TV Youview box via the NOW App?

Also ask them if they are currently aware of any problems with new customers attempting to sign into the NOW App on iOS devices with the error message saying "unexpected error".

Hopefully @Tony-D will pick up this thread and offer you some assistance from NOW end about this error message on your iPad with the NOW App.