cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Buddiemirren
Advocate

Contacting NowTv by any means other than phone

I recently attempted to put in a moving home request by phone and the conversation was very difficult to follow due to the background noise at the call-centre and the difficulty the operative had with my Scottish accent. I then received a slew of contradictory emails( one of which states my bill will rise by 85%) and my online account has no mention of an open order for activation at my new address.  I attempted to contact customer services @ nowtv by email and they were returned by the 'postmaster' stating that the recipients server was down due to maintenance and to try again later.  I've been trying for 3 days.  I have sent 3 online web-form requests and have yet to receive a reply.  I tried the online help chat, which apparently is a bot programme without success.  I subsequently contacted Now Tv by phone( 3 times), and the best response I can get is that I should 'trust' them.  That everything will be sorted on the activation date but I simply cant get anyone to send me written confirmation that I could use as proof.  Is this industry standard?

3 REPLIES 3
RoyB
Legend

@Buddiemirren 

You can contact Now Broadband by phone, as you have done.

The Nowbot is not Live Chat, which is staffed by humans if you can get to it, but it is only for streaming issues, and does not handle Now Broadband matters.

You may be interested in the following figures:-

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2023/10/ofcom-shames-vodafone-in-q2-2023-broadband-complaints-....

As the figures are per 100,000 subscribers, they can be compared across ISPs, despite the ISPs having different numbers of subscribers.

You can see that Now is quite a high performer, though they have rather fallen off this standard in the last quarter of 2023, something we wondered might be happening, due to a qualitative increase in gripes with Now in this customer-to-customer Community

But even so, Now are only one penny point over the industry average, comfortably avoiding any of the ire Ofcom has directed at other ISPs on the list.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Buddiemirren
Advocate

@RoyB 

Thanks for your reply but I wasn't complaining about the broadband. I was asking if it was industry standard to be only contactable by phone.  As someone who has problems communicating orally I would be appreciative if there were other forms of communication available but once again, thanks for taking the time to reply.

RoyB
Legend

@Buddiemirren 

Sorry, I misunderstood; I thought you were summarising your whole experience there 😢

Give this page a read, and see if there is anything helpful there; Now are certainly of a mind to help with accessibility issues where they can:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/accessibility-support

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.