cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ricky25
Mentor

Can't Access Router

Hi, I can't seem to log into my router as the default Gateway 192.168.0.1 can't be reached. Rebooted etc but still no good, don't want to reset at the moment.

Had a few issues and thought changing WiFi channels might help but can't connect because of gateway.

Using my phone as normal, had no issues before, many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Simon123
Mentor

• To access a router, you must know the router's IP address and the administrative user's password and username.
  • To request a connection to the router, enter the IP address in a web browser—http://192.168.1.1, for example.
  • Make sure you're using the correct IP address. Then reboot the router, disable the firewall, and reset the router to factory settings

Is there any reason why you don't want to reset your router have you changed any settings since you have had the router 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
RoyB
Legend

@Ricky25 

I think you are going to have to reset it - just pick your moment carefully.

Be aware though, if you have been having issues with it, that it may be faulty beyond what a reset would fix. Only one way to find out though.

You could call Now Broadband, but likely they would give the same advice.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Ricky25
Mentor

Trying reset now, I normally change my WiFi channel as everybody around me seems to have there's on auto select. If it's another Nowtv router it plays hovac with my speed, thank you for reply.

Simon123
Mentor

• To access a router, you must know the router's IP address and the administrative user's password and username.
  • To request a connection to the router, enter the IP address in a web browser—http://192.168.1.1, for example.
  • Make sure you're using the correct IP address. Then reboot the router, disable the firewall, and reset the router to factory settings

Is there any reason why you don't want to reset your router have you changed any settings since you have had the router 

Ricky25
Mentor

Hi, thank you for your reply, yes I have correct IP address, I've found out that I couldn't log in to all my accounts linked to one of my Gmail accounts, had to change all there passwords and the Gmail password just in case.

Hopefully it's not someone on my network, had that a few years back.

Simon123
Mentor

You can download a app called FING it's really good and you can confirm devices attached to your router and also block them and ID them by mac or IP address and block them 

Ricky25
Mentor

Finally managed to get the router to reset, connected again, the reason for not resetting was I have all my Tapo device connected and they have to be individually reset and connected again.

Thanks for all of your replies, not sure why it happened, hopefully not another WiFi attack.

Simon123
Mentor

I have cctv attached to mine and got a tapo but with tapo it's not to bad if your cctv inside I had to rest mine and the arenti cctv I have if I reset my router I have to go out and put a QR code facing the cctv camera tapo is.not so bad 

Ricky25
Mentor

I have plugs and bulbs and just two cctv's, worth the effort I guess as they are very good.

Simon123
Mentor

Ps get yourself a Vpn