cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danielalourenca
Advocate

Buffering

Hi. Does anyone else have issues with buffering? it happens all the times with simple tasks. For example if I try open a tab on safari or chrome it takes ages, really ages to open up the website. Really any website, sometimes I do put on my 5G just to manage get through and at some point I put it back on to the wifi again. Why does this happen? Has anyone knows how to sort it out?

3 REPLIES 3
Gfhx
Advocate

@danielalourenca think I’m having a similar problem it says it’s working fine on a line check and gets picked up as good signal strength on tv/phones but won’t connect or when it connects it won’t work, have to keep connecting phone to the telly and laptop and it’s a nightmare. I rang up Now and said like I work from home this is impossible and they said your line is fine and provided me with no help at all this started Thursday and is still goin on 

RoyB
Legend

@danielalourenca @Gfhx 

The starting point for any such query must be the broadband package you are on, the speed that Now promised you, and the speed you are actually getting, preferably measured on a device connected to your router by an Ethernet cable, and when there is little or no other internet traffic going on.

Otherwise, it’s just hand waving 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@danielalourenca @Gfhx 

FYI to lower any expectations of staff replying on here.
https://community.nowtv.com/t5/help/faqpage/title/what-is-community-for 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help