cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jay1
Advocate

Slowdowns

Is there a way to use a better router. With my sons playing on line games trying to stream a HD movie on Prime I keep getting buffering. When I was with Vodafone there wern't any issues.

1 REPLY 1
RoyB
Legend

@Jay1 

If you moved to save a couple of quid, you now know why Now is cheaper 😢

But unless you gave up FTTP, or opted for Briiliant Broadband instead of fibre with Now, you should be getting about the same speeds that you had before.

Your best bet is to source a Sky SR203 router off eBay, which should’ve be a straight swap for the Now router, and have rather better WiFi performance than the Now router; and hope that it’s the WiFi drop off that is affecting your current performance.

What speed were you promised by Now, and how does that compare to the speed offered by Now?

And what speed are you actually getting? Preferably measured, when no-one is gaming, on a device connected to the router by an Ethernet cable, or by a WiFi device up close to the router at a pinch

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.