sky glass tv

I have now tv on my iPad but am unable to to get it on sky glass

12 REPLIES 12
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Dave60 

Sky Glass doesn't support the NOW App.

Here's a link article on what devices support NOW.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now 

RoyB
Legend

@Dave60 

Now only show what Sky show anyway, so all the content you could get on Now is on Sky Glass anyway. Might not be so keenly priced, though.

Roku Express in an HDMI Port?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Animadznj
Observer

I wish sky glass did show all that NOW TV does, but it doesn't unfortunately or i'd of never installed it, I don't get why it can't be installed onto sky glass coz there are alot of other tv alternative apps on sky glass so why not NOW TV? I realy want to see series 2 & 3 on my sky glass as its the only screen I can see properly & when U signed up to NOW TV it didn't say that it wasn't suppoered by SKY GLASS, had it if done I wouldn't of wasted my time paying 4 it, feeling a bit stupid & scammed if I'm honest

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Animadznj 

Sky and NOW are completely different business models offering completely different types of product. 

As for Sky Glass, they fully expect you to take out the Sky TV package. Why on earth would they allow the cheaper sister NOW to be an app on it?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Animadznj 

Series 2 and 3 of what programmes are on Now and yet not on Sky Glass?

I thought the whole idea of Sky Glass was that it ‘recorded’ nearly everything by dint of it being available from the Sky vaults On Demand?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
nst
Elite

What you are trying to do makes no sense.

You are either a NOW customer, or a Sky (Q/Glass/Stream) customer.

For example theres no point subscribing to NOW if you are already a SKY customer as you'll have access to the Sky GO app allowing you to access SKY content that you already pay for from your iPad etc.

The only combination here that might make sense is if you WERE a Sky Glass customer, and have discontinued your SKY subscription leaving you with a Glass TV but none of the 'smart' Sky features any longer enabled.  if this is the case then sorry unfortunately you wont find a NOW app for that platform.

Fred67
Advocate

I’m paying £27 a month for Sky Sports on my Sky Glass TV. The cost is £18 for Sky Q customers and £17.49 for NowTV. Neither of these special offers are available for Sky Glass customers. I deeply regret getting a Sky Glass TV. 

RoyB
Legend

@Fred67 

You would need the £6/month Boost to get Sky Sports via Now in the HD you probably take for granted, so £23.49 after Month 1, much closer to your £27. And your £27 will seem highly advantageous when Sky Sports on Now goes back to its usual £34.99.

Officer_K
Mentor

Sky Glass is not a smart TV. It's a basic, low quality LCD TV and cheap sound bar in a chunky metal shell with a bug-ridden operating system entirely controlled by Sky. It's over-priced and uses dated hardware, having never been updated since launch in October 2021.

You cannot add apps. Only Sky can do that. They will never add a NOW app to the Glass TV as it is designed entirely for Sky's own Entertainment OS platform which can stream live TV channels and access content from a variety of apps which Sky choose.