cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

End of NOW for Me

With Sky announcing Stream will be released on 18th this my last month with NOW so glad I went for the LG OLED over the Sky Glass TV now.

• LG
24 REPLIES 24
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User each to his own but at £29 a month for the basic entertainment package I'll be staying with Now.

A friend has a Glass subscription (paid for the TV upfront) and by the time he'd added Sky Sports, BT Sport, UHD and the Mrs added movies he's paying over £100 a month!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Saint1976 

I'm sick of having to keep trying to get offers for NOW. I would rather just have One TV guide that I use,Entertainment plus Boost is £15 with Netflix as well it's only a few pounds extra a month over NOW and still a 31 day contract. 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Just don’t go into another room and expect to watch Sky content there for no on-cost, like you can with Now 😛

You will pay a further £12 a month for the privilege of adding 1 to 4 extra pucks, each of which has to be individually purchased - no prospect of finding a Sky app on any other TV like you can a Now app 😢

But you will certainly be saved the chore of having to keep chasing discounts on Now, even if that actually costs you more than just paying Now full whack - though you should investigate BT TV, who have a similar time-saving wallet-thinning approach 😀

You were still right to get the LG OLED Instead of the Sky Glass TV, though, whichever you choose.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@RoyB i thought about the multiple room thing surely you will just be able pick up the box and move it to another room if you wanted to they are very light and only have two cables. 

PaulNormanUK
Scholar 3

Nothing stopping one from doing that. Would only take a minute of your time and you'd save you £££ a year!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah I thought that you could even buy a second pair lead and a second cdmi cable so you didn't need move the wires with you just unplug the box.

redchiz1
Champion 2

£39.95 "set up" fee? Really? 

PaulNormanUK
Scholar 3

I know right! In reality you're paying for the hardware.

Having pondered on this and read more about it, it's expensive in my opinion!

Don't forget that you will most likely be subject to an annual price increase 12 months in. Also, should you cancel your subscription then you will likely have to return the hardware. If you're allowed to keep it, it probably be heavily crippled.

That all being said, I just got Sky Cinema and Entertainment for £9.99 a month (max 6 months).

redchiz1
Champion 2

I don't think the issue of price increases is likely to apply, especially as there is a month at a time option. And given that is the case I think it unlikely that they would ask for the box back, more likely to be inundated with Special Offers! As for "crippled," well, about as much as any NOW device without a subscription?

My main worry is that us peasants will lose NOW TV and the value options that they offer.  😕