cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

apple tv sign in

I have the same problem. Cannot sign in via apple tv. Took my money but am sick of trying to sign in.my details are correct
29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Can you tell us what exactly happens?

What error appears?

Did you create the account via iTunes or NOW TV?

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same problem - has this been resolved? Otherwise I'll have to cancel my subscription before the trial period ends. Thanks!

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. 

Can you please let us know where you purchased your pass from? 

Did you purchase from NOW TV or through iTunes? 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I joined nowTV through my apple Tv and now when i try to sign into another device (xbox one and ipad) its saying there is no such user? i dont want to have to pay again. what do i do?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User it's not possible to use your iTunes account on any other device. Your only option would be to cancel NOW TV with iTunes, then create a NOW TV account which you can login with on your AppleTV, XBox One and iPad.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there a benefit to creating the account via apple TV?

I have had now TV for a year now and am thinking about getting an Apple TV box for access to my iTunes content.

this thread is putting me off a bit.  is it better to cancel my accounts and start fresh ones via Apple, so they get their cut?  Or do you think the account issues will get resolved?

the Now TV box is great at keeping you logged in to Now TV content, how does the Apple TV box fair?

thanks

Chris

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Logging into the Apple TV using your iTunes account is an extra option, but it's not compulsory.

if you already have a NOW TV account that you currently use then you can use that account to log into your Apple TV, assuming you have a device slot free, then you can watch your current passes on the Apple TV as well. That would be the better solution for you.

The only real advantage of logging into the ATV using iTunes is if anyone wants to use their iTunes credit to pay for passes, or they don't have a payment card that can be used on the normal NOW TV service (eg they only have Maestro or American Express). 

Theres no problem with staying logged in on the ATV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

thanks for prompt response

What I want to understand is if I will keep on having to login to either my iTunes or Now TV accounts any time I want to go between them, or if the Apple TV box will remember both logins and not prompt me each time?

thanks

Chris

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

No it won't remember both logins, although presumably you won't be buying passes via both iTunes and the NOW TV website at the same time, so you would just need to stay logged into the route you are buying passes with.

Bear in mind when you buy a pass via iTunes, it can only be watched on Apple TV. Any other type of device you have won't have access to that pass.