cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Very poor picture quality

Having to always reset my brand new now tv box to try and a decent stream to watch any channel.
Got very fast fibre broadband which is connected by a ethernet cable to back of my box. No problems with my broadband when using my ps4 or smart tv to stream other content. Have followed instructions by other users but still having to always restart my now tv box to get a good picture.
Very annoying as it can take 5-10 mins to do this everytime when i turn the tv on.
Is there a fault with the box itself?
6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Out of curiosity are you using a Roku branded device or a nowtv box / stick ?

Also, who is your ISP is it Virgin Media by any chance ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi schnapps, i am using a now tv smart box, have had this issue since i bought it 2 weeks ago.
My isp is a company called seethelight which you may have not heard of, they are a fibreoptic broadband provider, i have this as i live in a new build place, havnt had a problem with the broadband for anything else. Thanks
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Not familiar with your ISP or if there is anything in the Router settings that is causing a conflict with the smart box.

I am guessing you have tried the basics, such as factory resetting the smart box in the menu settings, forcing a software update by going into the box secret menu or maybe switching off the Router for 15 to 20 minutes (even though your other internet connected devices are working fine). 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have tried the factory reset etc.
Haven't thought about the router settings, i will try that and maybe give my isp a call to see if they can help. Thanks for the reply, hopefully it is that then.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

What happens if you try using the wifi option on the smart box instead of a hard wired Ethernet (any difference) ? 

Maybe disconnect the Ethernet cable from the rear of the box and your router.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, 

I have had the same issue with the NowTV app on the Roku Streaming Stick +.

Issue started with the latest firmware/software update to the Roku itself around the 5th March 2018.

To confirm it is the Roku, I can confirm streaming on the same wireless network on a Chromecast and a laptop is perfect. So is a Roku that had not updated to the latest firmware.

Looks like NowTV need to update the app for the latest firmware maybe?