cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Update Now TV app for apple TV

I agree it’s better to be renewed than letting it expire. What would be good if they shared a roadmap of what they plan to do. There doesn’t seem to be a plan here, is someone stretching a job out for an easy life.
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar 2

@Enapace I’m Completely the same as you, so happy I dont have to use the old app again and hopefully we won’t have to and this is the final stretch before the full release, I mean it’s taken A long time but hopefully when they release it the few bugs it has and the upgrades they’ve promised, boost Apple TV intergration etc will be added.
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar 2

I agree, if we could be kept in the loop with what they have fixed and redone so we could concentrate on that, it would be so much better for us all and we would know how far down the line we are.
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar 2

The June email said not to buy a Boost Pass for the purpose of the trial, and that we would be updated once they had confirmation that this could be done.

Are we saying that off the back of that, Boost is confirmed?  It feels pretty flimsy to me.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar 3

Although the streams on the Home Screen are not labelled so, if the trial user has Boost, content is supplied in the Boost format to the user, at least in Video. 

(and is very very good too) 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Expert

I know I shouldn’t say this here, but do any other testers notice that the menu scrolling seems more responsive in the new build, that was supposed to be a change in the last build but it wasn’t any different then. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Expert 2

@KernowChris 

Eh?!

It isnt boost format.

If it was, then in the settings menu you'd see your active boost pass.

And if its boost, then it would be 1080p AND 5.1 you wouldn't just have one or the other.

So with respect, why do you think that boost subscribers have 1080p in the beta app?  Just curious.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Expert 2

@MrZippy 

I actually noticed that.

Its still nothing like 'native' responsiveness, but its a bit better and verging on the functional now instead of always just resorting to tapping up down left right etc on the scroll pad.

It does seem better.

But id reiterate, as a beta tester, id like to know whats changed.... so we can concentrate our efforts such as they are.

By not telling us, or implying at least by version number that its the same build as before.. then why continue to test and submit faults.   I for one cannot remember what faults I reported as it was a while ago now.... id really like to know whats been fixed in-between builds.

But again, boost aside.. i cannot see why this version isnt a release candidate.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar 3

It quite simply is 1080p/50fps on the relevant channels. F1 has been crisp and clean following the restart. the difference between the 50fps and 25fps channels is clear. The descriptors on the screens might be incorrect throughout but the video content is 'Boost'.

If it's not then when it's switched to Boost it'll be out of this world. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Expert 2

@KernowChris 

With the greatest of respect.... lets agree to disagree 🙂 

Believe me... i REALLY want boost!!  I need boost..... but it is not yet supported on the beta app.  At the very least, if you are a boost subscriber.... on any supported device you still have to 'activate' the boost pass you have before you get it - and thats possible only through the app's settings menu and the beta still does not have the boost pass presented there.

Many people over the last few months have reported the beta app to have a visibly better picture quality than the old app (lets face it, thats not hard!)..... but acknowledge that its not actually 1080p.

As ive noted in the past, 1080p compared to the Beta's quality is still streets ahead and very noticeable.

So, lets throw it out to others.... has anyone else noticed a '1080p' quality on their beta app?  Can anyone prove it is?  Has anyone asked the trials team about this?

As I said before - I just dont see how the 'boost' stream would only be so in picture and not sound 5.1 - so i think you are just noticing a better quality picture but its probably not 1080.

Very encouraging to 'know' from another poster that they have finally acknowledged boost will be included at launch... we can only hope this is true.

And one more point... we SHOULD be getting boost in the beta... what better and more important thing for us to test before it goes live??  

0 Thanks