cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
redchiz1
Champion 2

With the large number of apps to support and the small number of Apple TV boxes in use I guess that the NOW app developers (ahem!) have priorities elsewhere. Even LG TVs do not support the full feature set of the Boost and I imagine that there are many more of them in circulation. 

RoyB
Legend

Hi @redchiz1 

Which Boost features are missing from the LG app?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
redchiz1
Champion 2

Hi @RoyB 

No 50fps on Sky Sports. 

nst
Elite

Sorry if its an unpopular opinion... as I know some don't want or need or use all the features...

But I honestly believe that if NOW supposedly support a platform they should FULLY support it otherwise people are paying full price for a lesser service.

Boost should not be offered as an option if they cannot fully support it.

People are paying full price and not getting the full package.

AppleTV being a prime example.  They seem to think that its OK to leave out 5.1 on a service that they are charging almost £5 a month for... and that's as an add-on to their 'flagship' movies package.  A flagship movies package with a mere 2.0 soundtrack?  in 2022??  come on....

RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 

Ah - nothing I’d notice or miss then.

But tut, anyway, for those who would.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

@nst 

And subtitles on YouView, as another example, which is not even a Boost issue.

However, I can’t think that many people would prefer to be completely deprived of Now, or of Boost, on their chosen platform, just because something, that they maybe didn’t even want, isn’t present.

Though that is what you seem to be advocating.

Hint; we have seven TVs in this house, all Now-enabled one way or another, but only one is hooked up to 5.1 surround.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I actually would be one of those if 5.1 was an issue for me on tv shows : I won’t pay for now movies for this reason and also don’t have boost.

To the point I would cancel Netflix just because the don’t support tv app integration (one feature) but my wife wants it that’s the only reason I still have it.
nst
Elite

@Anonymous User 

Slightly harsh but I know what you mean.

I really wish that Netflix would play ball.  No idea why they wont.  the TV app is great.... and Netflix would be the icing on the cake.

Im surprised as Netflix seem quite happy to integrate with other services such as Sky Glass (which is basically the same as Apple's TV app) - though I suppose they are paid handsomely for the privilege.

I just don't get what Netflix have to lose by integrating - surely any mechanism that promotes their content is a win.

redchiz1
Champion 2

Is Netflix not available on the Apple TV box?

Amazing if not, but also somewhat off topic?

nst
Elite

@redchiz1 

Of course it is.

We are talking about apps integrating with the AppleTV TV app.  Most the others do, including NOW - but Netflix steadfastly refuses to integrate.