cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Simont90
Mentor

Re: Update Now TV app for apple TV

It was all looking so positive earlier in the week when this story came out…

https://www.pocket-lint.com/tv/news/now-tv/156945-sky-s-now-plans-include-4k-hdr-as-part-of-boost-ad...

0 Thanks
MrZippy
Expert 2

July’22 that is.
0 Thanks

Sticking with the tv 4K (1st gen) here - but might get the new remote, as it looks better than the original one

0 Thanks
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@dr_necessitor Having spent the last few hours playing with the new remote on my 1st gen 4K Apple tv, my verdict is that the new remote is well worth the £55. The jog wheel is much easier to control than the slide-over method of the original remote, although by default that method is still available. Also, if you’ve set your old remote to control the sound on your tv/soundbar/home theatre, the new remote will inherit that. But the old remote didn’t have a mute button, so you still have to set up the new remote for that. Being heavier, the new remote feels much better in the hand. 
Here endeth the advert…back to normal programming.

nst
Expert 3

@Simont90 

Never mind that...

How about getting paltry 5.1 sound working on all devices first?

Hooba
Scholar 3

I've just ordered the new AppleTV, pick up tomorrow.

Wasn't going to bother, but new model supports eArc. So will be able to route 5.1 audio from NowTV on BT box to my pair of HomePods.

The current NowTV and AppleTV relationship is a shambles. It's quite extraordinary that they implemented full app integration but left out 5.1. It's just bizarre. 

0 Thanks
psykix
Mentor

Just be aware that Now TV app does not currently work with the 2021 Apple TV. What a shambles. Had to put the old one back in. They really are rubbish when it comes to the Apple TV app.

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just want it to work, god knows how long till they get it fixed
0 Thanks
Simont90
Mentor

got to be the quickest fix I’ve ever seen from NOW… wasnt expecting it to work until at least end of next week going into June. 

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Simont90

Couldn’t agree more, I was expecting June to be honest.

After that article where they said the would be focusing more on Now it does give you little hope but I must stress a little hope as we’re still waiting for 5.1 sound at least, but hey Rome wasn’t built in a day 🤣🤣
0 Thanks