cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrew21
Mentor

Roku Video lagging audio by 2s after update

Hi my Roku box updated the Now TV App today and since then the video is lagging the Audi by around 2s.  Have powered it on and off several times and reset the Broadband router, doesn't resolve the problem.  Does anyone have the same issue and any suggestions on how to fix it? Thanks Andrew 

32 REPLIES 32
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Andrew21 

I haven't got access to my Roku to check at the moment.

But somebody posted on the Community Forum in the last hour or so Audio sync delay when watching NOW Sports (so there might be a software bug).

Is it happening to all Apps or only when watching NOW ?

If not using a 5.1 sound system on your setup, then try going into the Roku Settings under Audio and set to Stereo.

Andrew21
Mentor

Hi schnapps thanks for the info, yes have set the audio to stereo.  What I have noted is the lag builds up from when you start watching a Live Broadcast (doesn't happen on playback).  Was fine until the update that downloaded and installed today so agree it seems to be some sort of bug 

Andrew21
Mentor

PS only happens when watching Live Sports Broadcasts e.g ICC cricket semi final today and subsequently Sky Sports News

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Andrew21 

It might be a glitch or bug with the software if it's happening on all live Sky Sports channels.

So far apart from one other report on here today I haven't seen any tweets about this over on NOW Twitter (X) Help yet.

When I can access my Roku this evening I will check the NOW live Sports stream on my Roku and NOW box to see if I have received the update and subsequently any lip sync issues.

Apart from that, maybe report it to NOW live chat or if use Twitter X send NOW Help a tweet.

Andrew21
Mentor

Thanks for the update 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Andrew21 

Just checked my Roku Stick Plus and NOW 4K Smart box and watched a couple of live Sky Sports channels such has News and F1 and no audio lip sync problems for me.

Checked both devices for any updates, where the Roku had one which I updated, but my NOW 4K Smart box had no updates available.

If it's still persistant then perhaps contact NOW by either live chat or Twitter (X).

Out of curiosity what make and model TV are you using the Roku on, just in case the update has screwed up something between the Roku and TV (perhaps disconnect and reconnect the HDMi on the Roku or try another HDMi port or second TV has a temporary test).

Andrew21
Mentor

Hi I'm on a old black box model 4200SK with a Hisense TV, have done a factory reset and that didn't help either. Thanks for the advice to contact them direct and I'll let you know if I get any feedback. As the box is quite old may just buy a new one as they are only £20 at the moment. Thanks again for your advice - really appreciated Andrew 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Andrew21 

There has been more reports over on NOW Twitter, where NOW have tweeted back this has been escalated to the relevant NOW Team for further investigation.

So maybe hold off in buying a new TV streaming device, unless you want to buy something newer in the Black Friday sales.

Andrew21
Mentor

Hi Schnapps thanks for the update, I contacted customer services by the chat option and explained it all and sent a short video by email so hopefully it will get sorted soon, cheers Andrew