cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sally2cats2dogs
Advocate

Paid for Boost but still getting ads

On 17th July I paid the £6 for Boost but I am still getting ads.  Why?

6 REPLIES 6
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Sally2cats2dogs it depends on what you're watching.

Boost removes ads from on demand content.

Promos for Now content at the start cannot be removed.

Ads during live channel broadcasts cannot be removed (just like ITV etc).

Sally2cats2dogs
Advocate
I’m watching the Ashes live. During the last test match I don’t think
there were any ads.
redchiz1
Champion 2

Erm, yes there were and always have been. And I doubt you are watching much other than rain at the moment, sadly. I have switched to the Open golf.  😉

nst
Elite

It doesnt matter what you've paid for (i.e Boost) its physically impossible to remove ads from live broadcast TV

Think about it a second.... what exactly would take the place of the ads when watching live and everyone else is seeing them.....

Boost removes ads from on demand content only.  Not live TV.

EmilyJM
Observer

Hey, I’ve got now tv movies and entertainment subscriptions and I’ve been paying for boost for a while - never had ads (apart from Now trailers), but recently I’ve started getting ads before shows/movies and during shows (like you would if watching terrestrial). I pay for boost to not have ads! Seems really wrong that they’ve suddenly started putting ads in again. I’m watching on demand by the way, not live. Surely this is an error? Just wondering if anyone is having the same issue at the moment? Or has any advice please? Thanks in advance! 

RoyB
Legend

@EmilyJM 

Navigate to the little gear wheel top right on the Now Home Screen on the device where you are getting ads,

Click it, to see your account details. 

Can you see Boost there, and is it active?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.