cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not available

Hi, I have a youview box through BT , this morning when trying to get on Now, I get the message nowtv not available. I have model dtrt4000 which is not listed as device where this is not available. Can anybody please help shine a light on this problem. Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I have the same exact BT Youview box and have no problems accessing the NowTV App via Apps in the Youview Box settings.

Are you a BT TV customer who subscribes to BT for the NowTV bolt on TV packages or do you pay your passes through NowTV direct ?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/bt-support 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I have the same exact BT Youview box and have no problems accessing the NowTV App via Apps in the Youview Box settings.

Are you a BT TV customer who subscribes to BT for the NowTV bolt on TV packages or do you pay your passes through NowTV direct ?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/bt-support 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am a BT customer but pay through the app directly to Now TV. 

Was working fine upto 1.am this morning

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Give me five minutes and i will check my BT Youview box.

Also when you go to My Account > Manage Account > My Passes & Devices > Devices whilst logged in on here, do you see your Youview box has a registered device on your account ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

My BT Youview box via the NowTV App is playing fine when using my sports pass.

I can only suggest try rebooting both your Router and BT Youview box, go into the Youview box settings to see if there is any further software updates.

Or get in touch with live chat (use the link page below to find the green chat button to click on).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Also out of curiosity if you have other NowTV playback devices in your home, do they play or coming up with a similar error message ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I have a now box also and cant get on there. All payments are up to date.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If none of your NowTV playback devices are working, then i would be inclined to switch off your Router for about 30 minutes which should then automatically acquire a new IP address.

It sounds to me that there is a conflict or something on your Router is blocking the use of your NowTV playback devices if none of them play.

Should you be using a VPN, then see if disabling it makes any difference when attempting to watch NowTV.

Other than that jump over to live chat for further assistance & help.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Forgot to say that the NowTV Boxes and Sticks have a few software bugs on them recently since the new look home screen page.

One of them is a message saying "Not Available" and the workaround is either keep pressing the back button on the NowTV remote or press the Sky Store button , once Sky Store opens, then click the Home button on the NowTV Remote.

As far has i know this Not Available software bug is not effecting Youview Boxes.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes the youview box is showing.