cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
petecc
Scholar 2

New Roku app version 8.0.1 not showing Watchlist

NOW app for Roku was updated today to 8.0.1. Now it isn't showing Watchlist or Continue Watching at all. They still seem to be there on Android, so I assume this is a problem with the Roku app.

21 REPLIES 21
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @petecc 

in my case watchlist is there that I have to make sure I'm on the Home tab of the app and I have to go down to the 6th row

now does have a rather unfortunate habit of changing the position of the watchlist and the UI occasionally, which can sometimes be a bit confusing. In an ideal world watchlist/MyTV would have its own tab. Wouldn't it?

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @petecc 

Are you using a full blown Roku player or NOW branded device.

I am using a Roku Stick Plus with NOW App version 8.0.1 Roku Software version 12.0.0 build 4184-50 and my Continue Watching and Watchlist is still showing for me on the NOW App.

Haven't tested out yet apart from open the new version of the NOW App up.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Thanks for pointing out I forgot about @schnapps , no devices, and Roku do use slightly different app versions don't they 😀

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
petecc
Scholar 2

Thanks for the replies but I've scrolled right down the Home page. Using an actual Roku branded box - Roku Express. Also spent ages on chat restarting and re-logging in. Also looked at one of the shows I was watching and it didn't know what episode I'd got to.

Just tried starting watching something and now have Continue Watching but it only has the one programme I'd started on the Roku, none of the rest of the things that appear on Android...

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @petecc 

When you open the new version of the app for the first time did it come up with the cookie consent prompt?

If it didn't, it might be worth removing and re-adding the app on your right. Although you will have to sign in again. I know it's annoying that this should trigger the cookie consent prompt

petecc
Scholar 2

Thanks @commanda6 but, yes it did and I've also removed and re-added.

Seems that it's working but is not syncing in my lists.

Saint1976
Elite 3

Add me to the list. No continue watching or watchlist on the updated app on my Roku Premiere.

Another grumble - no quick link to the TV guide on the left hand side of the screen. All you can do is jump to a live programme.

If you're half way down the screen it's 11 or 12 button presses to get to the link at the top! Should have kept the '*' button as a short cut for adding to the watchlist AND accessing the TV guide.

Mrtom1510
Scholar

No continue watching on my roku on updated app.

Also watch list that does appear is very out of date programme's appearing that I deleted from watching at least a year ago

Correct with continue watching on fire cube and android

New interface terrible too on roku

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Saint1976 @petecc 

@Saint1976 . If you halfway down the screen, you press the back button once. It should bring. It should take you back to the tab list at the top of the screen. It is reasonably well thought out, but not well labelled, so the user wouldn't know they could do that. It would just be a case of marking the arrow that indicates the tab menu and saying something like 'press back for tab menu'

@petecc if you're using the community on a PC, you should see the link for 'My TV' towards the top right of the screen. It might be worth clicking this just to see whether the website has all your lists.