cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
balajirao_1980
Observer

NOW app on SONY Bravia Google TV XR55A80

Hi guys - I have a Sony Bravia Google TV (XR model) bought in UK in 2023 which runs on Android version 10. I am able to find the NOW app on Google playstore however it gives a message "This item is not available in your country". FYI - i live in Milton Keynes UK. Has anyone come across a similar issue, appreciate your comments pls.

I have a Sony Android TV (bought Dec 2022) as well which runs on Android v9.0 in which i am unable to see the NOW app option itself. Can someone help how to get the app on it pls?

When i bought the NOW sports membership it said i can watch it on NOW app from Sony TV's 2016 and after, however looks like not the case. Can NOW TV customer support team help on this?

11 REPLIES 11
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@balajirao_1980 

Sometimes there is an odd issue that can be caused by your router which fudges up the IP address. Should try to power your router for around 30 minutes or do a factory reset to it to sort out the IP address. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
balajirao_1980
Observer

Thanks @gavs82008 You meant Switch off the router for 30 mins and then try again? 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@balajirao_1980 

Haha yeah I did dude! Too late to edit my post now 😫

balajirao_1980
Observer

Is there a NowTV exe file for the app that i can download on a pen drive and install it in my TV?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@balajirao_1980 

No idea mate, try doing a factory reset to the TV. Or try downloading using your phone when signed in to your google account. 

RoyB
Legend

@Tester01 

Really similar? In which case:-

@balajirao_1980 wrote:

Is there a NowTV exe file for the app that i can download on a pen drive and install it in my TV?

No, alas. And it wouldn’t do any good, as Now would still refuse to open any programme for streaming, if your IP address is being reported as outside the UK.

if the 30-minute router shutdown doesn’t get you a new IP address, or it gets you a new one that is still reported as outside the UK, then you need to type your IP address into any of the plethora of sites that Google offers to find where your IP address is based - Maxmind is favourite if it is offered to you - and see where it thinks you are in the world.

If that says you are outside the UK, you need to get on to your ISP and ask for the UK IP address you are entitled to. You aren’t by any chance with CityFibre, are you? They bought a parcel of IP addresses that don’t report as being in the UK, and have been scrabbling for ages to try and get this put right.

But if everybody except Now thinks you are in the UK, you need to get on to Now Live Chat to get this put right.

By the way, you aren’t talking to anyone from Now here, just to your fellow-customers. So while we can offer some guidance as above, and/or signpost you where to go to talk to real live Now support staff, we can’t actually fix anything for you.

I’m guessing your 2022 TV is detecting you as outside the UK, just as the 2023 one does, but the Play Store on Android 9 is clever enough to not even offer you apps you can’t have, a feature Android 10 handles differently, by dangling the Now app, and then snatching it away 😢

Depending on your data plan, you could turn your phone into a mobile WiFi hotspot, link to that WiFi from your TVs, and then check if you can see/open the Now app then. Maybe even use it, if your plan is generous enough, until this issue is resolved?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
balajirao_1980
Observer

you mean download NOW app to phone to cast it on TV?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@balajirao_1980 

No I mean you can download apps onto your Sony TV when signed in to Google. Have downloaded a fair few apps thanks to it.

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=now&c=apps&hl=en_GB&gl=Uk

worsleybaz
Advocate

@balajirao_1980- your not using a VPN are you? If so disable the VPN and try installing the app. I'm using now tv on a 2022 sony A80J without issue.