cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
annakarenina
Mentor

Murdoch Mysteries

Whenever I click on a series the app just throws me out.

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @annakarenina 

What happens if you unplug the power to the Youview box for 2 minutes, then restart and try again.

Does the TV show work on other devices such has your smartphone and if so, can the Youview box play this TV show from the Continue Watching row ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @annakarenina 

Forgot to ask, does other TV shows with your Entertainment Membership play on the Youview box apart from Murdoch Mysteries? 

annakarenina
Mentor

Hi, thanks for your reply. Yes, I can watch it on other devices and from Continue Watching, yes other TV shows are fine. It's just that sometimes I want to re-watch an episode and I can't. 

RoyB
Legend

@annakarenina 

As you mentioned YouView box, are you a BT TV subscriber? If so, you should contact them for support.

If you are independent though, then while not recording nor about to, touch the On/Standby button on top of the box for just over eight seconds until it soft reboots.

Then please answer @schnapps @question above, and we will go from there.

If it’s just the one programme that misbehaves, it’s most likely a Now problem. But if they all do it, and you aren’t with BT TV, or other subscription such as TalkTalk, I have more powerful YouView juju for you to try,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
annakarenina
Mentor

Yes, it's just the one programme and I'm with Talk Talk Tv. I think it is probably a NOW problem. I don't really want to play around with the YouView box in case it causes my problems. Thanks anyway. 

RoyB
Legend

@annakarenina 

I just tried S1E1 of Murdoch Mysteries (as you don’t say if the issue is with any specific season or episode) on Now on my DTR-T2100 YouView box, with BT but not BT TV, and it played fine.

So, unless you would like me to look at a specific SxEx, I’d say you have a box problem.

However, if you are with TalkTalk TV, then they have undertaken to support you with Now issues, even if they have to go back to Now on your behalf to get them fixed.

So contact them, and make them earn your subscription!

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
annakarenina
Mentor

Thanks Roy, no it isn't any specific season, it won't let me click on any. Thanks for your support.