cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
whitefulhaboy

LG tv buffering probs

tried to watch football on my LG smart tv which wasa disaster as it keeps buffering every 10 feckin seonds !!!

Anyone else in this topic and whats the solution please......

• LG
32 REPLIES 32
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@whitefulhaboy 

So the usual troubleshooting that staff would get you to do is

• Delete and reinstall the app
  • Turn off the TV for a few mins
  • Turn off the router for a few mins
  • Worst case factory reset to the router

Outside of that you are best to report via live chat. Make sure to be signed in and use the ‘How to get in touch’ drop down.
https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/tv/problems-watching-now

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Nitro
Scholar 3

@whitefulhaboy what version of webos is your LG tv? 

Also is it a wired connection or wireless? TV wifi is know to be notoriously flakey.

If you have netflix - go to settings and check the throughput to your device.

All-at-sea

@whitefulhaboy did you find a solution to this? We’re having same issues. Only affects NowTv sports channels. 

Ronof9
Advocate

@whitefulhaboy My LG TV doing the same - followed advice re deleting and switching router off and on, bur still the same - attempted to Lice Chat lsat night when it did the same, but got nowhere.

CANCELLED 

Zappaman
Advocate

@whitefulhaboy 

I’m having the same problems, stuttering picture and loss/intermittent sound, freezing picture and picture breakup on my LG tv, when watching live sport. Seems to stream fine on ipad, problem became apparent yesterday evening. Streamed live f1 gp fine at weekend

hiller
Observer

@Zappaman Same problem. F1 was fine at the weekend. Only noticed problem with live sports channel watching Darts tonight. Movies or playback of sports recordings are fine and WiFi and NowTV fine on chromecast, phone and tablet. Must be a problem at NowTv end. This is a new issue and not at the user end by the sound of things.

Zappaman
Advocate

@whitefulhaboy 

@hiller 

@MrsC 

are you both LG tv users? Just wondering if this is only affecting LG tvs?

I’m not aware of a tv os update since the weekend and the Nowtv app version is just over a year old (I’ve also reinstalled it and reset router - no change)

hiller
Observer
Yes I'm an LG TV user....I've had the NowTV app for years. I was in chat with NowTV today and they say its a known issue and they will be in touch.
Jez61
Advocate

@hiller I've got same issue - was OK a couple of weeks ago - now all over the place.  They need to fix this.  Did they say when they expect to sort it out?