cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ross_man
Advocate

Help! How do I watch NOW TV!?

I have just purchased a new Toshiba TV. I searched and found the NOW app but next to it was the writing, 'UNAVAILABLE' I went to the NOW helpdesk 3 times, all were useless and kept telling me to download it. I then bought an Amazon Firestick and the same thing happened. The Internet tells me that NOW have discontinued their box and stick so how on earth am I supposed to watch it? Funny, all NOW does is to stream TV, nothing else and I can't get it on my new TV!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Ross_man
Advocate

I thank everyone for their help, it seems it was my fault. I am English but I spent a few months in the U.S. and started a U.S. Amazon account, so when I went to download the app on my Smart TV it would not because it's unavailable in U.S. I actually purchased a Firestick but obviously got the same result. Then a light went off in my head! Problem solved, use U.K. Amazon account to log in.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
redchiz1
Champion 2

Toshiba Android TVs are ostensibly supported by NOW. Assuming that your TV is actually connected to the internet have you checked for any updates which may be available? Are other apps on the TV working OK? If you still have issues reach out to Toshiba. NOW are the TV service provider of course, but it is worth checking with the device provider in a case like this. 

Can't explain the Firestick tbh.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Ross_man 

See this link for supported devices.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now

Is your store on the TV and fire stick definitely set to UK?

Agreed with @redchiz1 can you explain what you mean about the fire stick?

As only certain models of the Fire stick are supported. Which one did you buy?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Ross_man 

Can you please post a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Where did you search for the Now app? It should be from the Play TV store on the TV.

I can’t imagine what the ‘same thing’ would be with a Firestick, as that works completely differently?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
nst
Elite

Im a little confused as to why you think you cant download it on a Firestick?

The app is there - just search the Firesticks App Store.  The Firestick is one of the better supported devices that NOW provide an app for.

You should have no issues at all.

Ross_man
Advocate

I thank everyone for their help, it seems it was my fault. I am English but I spent a few months in the U.S. and started a U.S. Amazon account, so when I went to download the app on my Smart TV it would not because it's unavailable in U.S. I actually purchased a Firestick but obviously got the same result. Then a light went off in my head! Problem solved, use U.K. Amazon account to log in.