cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

EU roaming in UK

Broadband (Vodafone)  was down yesterday morning for a few hours. When it came back havent been able to watch anything on Now TV app on LG tv. Keep geting the following error message “streaming is not permitted at the moment. It looks like you don’t meet the EU roaming rules.” even though i'm in the UK.

I have tried connecting an old chromcast and using a PC but get similar message.

The only device i can watch Now tv on is an android phone.

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable

After having the same problem with Now TV saying streaming is not permitted as I am out side EU roaming area I called NOW TV, with no solution.  I have also spoken to Vodafone our broadband.  After eventually getting through to a technical agent in the UK, they confirmed the issue is affecting Vodafone broadband users using NOW and Sky Go.  It is being addressed and is a case of waiting ! If you have Vodafone Mobile they can offer you date free data allowence.  Lets hope its up and running soon, GOT is waiting ! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for this. Been a week now with only freeview channels.

Online support usless just said that they knew about the problem.

However - I can watch Now TV on my mobile via the same wifi as my now Tv box with no issues??? But desktop computer won't?

Managed to hotspot to partners EE data last night for GOT  - used 3MB so you are aware!

Will call vodafone re Free data - thanks!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there,

Since last night I'm facing the same problem about 'EU regulation for roaming' when trying to stream or Error OVP_00012 when attempting contents download. (I do have Vodafone as internet provider like you and many others).

I've found a little 'magic trick' in order to use my NowTv allowance and keep watching videos while someone (hopefully) will try to find a solution to this issue:

I believe many of you like me understood that the only way to watch a video is downloading it. Of course if you attempt to do so with your Vodafone line it wont work (error ovp_00012) and of course you don't wanna use all your data allowance with 3G/4G connection or Hotspot from your phone or tablet....And here's the TRICK and how it works for me!!!

-I started NowTV on my Ipad

-I connected it to the Hotspot of my phone

-While on hotspot I started to download a content

-when the download icon stopped spinning I deactived the data from my phone

-as a result the Ipad will miss the hotspot connection and will try to connect to a new source in order to complete the download

-Ipad connects automatically to home Wi-fi (vodafone) and completes the download WITHOUT issues.

I know this doesn't bring a solution to the problem, but for now I'm able to watch any content without running out of my phone data and keeping using the router as line provider.

It looks like this 'bridge connection' somehow is not detected as from abroad.

Good luck and give it a try.
And keep praying for someone to sort out the main issue for us!

MB

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

What you have just done manually is what Smart DNS services do. These rely on only a few packets wanting location information, and so the rest of the time, you get served directly.

It looks like you covered the initial location check from your phone, after which NowTV didn’t ask again during the heavy download.

Good spot....

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tried watching something this morning and it's working!!

Game of Thrones tonight! Hope picture isn't as bad as all the complaints I've seen.