cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dexuality
Mentor

Buffering only happens with NOWTv

So I have seen so many people with the same issue with NOWTV. Netflix Disney Amazon all stream perfect. But NOWTv buffers every time.  I have seen alleged fixes that are not fixes. This is not an internet issue at user end this is a NOWTv problem. What are you doing to fix the problem you clearly have with your service. 

I don't want to hear sorry you feel like that I want an actual answer that doesn't say it is user internet speed. 

24 REPLIES 24
dexuality
Mentor

Absolutely not everyone is facing this issue. I wonder whether it is geographical? similar to how mobile companies have better system in some areas? 

I remember when I first started using NOWTV, for sport and it used to get overloaded and if you didnt get in quick enough you missed the game. The system was overloaded too easily. 

I think it is a similar fault now. Just not as bad as that. 

when I searched for Buffering. it is a huge stream on here and Someone in NOWTV has ended them as 'solved' and there is no solution. So that tells me they know they have an issue but dont face up to it. 

sam_e
Advocate

@dexualitythey just told me sorry. Even their website is useless...no refund, no mention even though I asked.

It's never been bang on for football...well occasionally it is.

But Friday night it was unwatchable.

Oh well, won't be using it again..may as well watch a dodgy stream, same poor quality but free....customer service will prob be better.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @dexuality 

No problems with buffering my end when watching NOW (though I have other issues not related which I won't mention here).

Don't know if you have tried something like Google DNS on your Fire Stick or Smart TV to see if watching NOW is more stable (some people reckon it helps others say it makes no difference, though it's worth a try if you haven't done it already).

Out of curiosity do you have Mobile internet data and if so perhaps try a temporary test of using your smartphone has a wifi hotspot with one of your devices to take your Router out of the equation just in case there is some sort of conflict when watching NOW.

dexuality
Mentor

Hi Schnapps, 

yes tried streaming from phone, using it as a wifi hotspot. but as Amazon Prime works at 4k requiring twice as much juice and has zero problems it seriously isnt a streaming problem my end. it has to be at Nowtv end. 

NowTV needs 12mbps  - buffers
Prime 4k 25mbps - never buffers 

bothbench tested on stick and smart tv 

same results. 

so it is a nowtv issue. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @dexuality 

I would still be tempted to try something like Google DNS on your Fire Stick has a quick test if you haven't tried it already.

This has worked for some forum members (not all though) who had buffering problems when purley watching NOW.

dexuality
Mentor

cheers I'll give it a go. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @dexuality 

No guarantee it will work, but no harm in trying.

Piglet

@dexuality I have exactly the same problem as you it’s bloody annoying 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Piglet 

You need to report the fault with staff. Make sure to be signed in and use the ‘How to get in touch’ drop down.
https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/tv/feedback-complaints

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
sam_e
Advocate

@gavs82008

Doesn't work...the  'help' bot needs work. 🤨

I ended up complaining via facebook. They just said sorry...if you have issues again use our help bot blah blah blah. Sigh....

Never again...