cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mancsmark1
Contributor 1

Re: AppleTV App Beta

I was just responding to @KS4's request for things to test - I wasn't asking them to disclose anything.

schnapps Legend 3
Legend 3

Hi @mancsmark1

That's fine, i just wanted the trial testers to be aware that they can not post anything about the ATV NowTV Trial App in the public domain otherwise they will get in trouble with NowTV & Sky.

I am not on the trial myself, but know from previous trials with NowTV that nothing should be discussed on the forum from anybody on the trial who has agreed to their NDA.

fbadini
Contributor 1

@ all beta testers & sky plc 

whatever you are going to do...do it fast! In Italy we’re waiting for you kids!

0 Thanks
JohnyBony
First Poster

@mancsmark1 wrote:

I was just responding to @KS4's request for things to test - I wasn't asking them to disclose anything.

Due TC they cant say much about beta. For sure iterface will have massive improvement.  Lets hope everything stream at 1080p like netflix or new austrialian fox app Kayo Sports for apple tv which streams sports at 1080P 60fps. 

If it still stream at 720p then it will be very DISAPPOINTING. We want 1080p stream atleats. 

0 Thanks
Muggled
First Poster

What ever they are planning they need to at least include some basics:

- Continue watching

- Favourites

- Consistant UI

on top of that, they could easily make it one of the best apps on the platform by working with Appled TV app to include continue watching through that too.

0 Thanks
Scointer12
Contributor 5

Well that’s disappointing, I was told like many on here that we were just waiting for the beta to be released only for it to be put on hold but now it seems we have been forgotten. I presume the beta release is for both fourth and 4K Apple tv’s already.

0 Thanks
fbadini
Contributor 1

C’mon bros... publish the new app!

xmas gift sky!

0 Thanks
nickmorc
Helper 3

Yep in the same boat as you.

Had the emails etc, but thats as far as it went. I even emailed the trials manager and they have not even replied.

A great shame, the only hope is now that they the new app is released pronto !

@Scointer12 wrote:

Well that’s disappointing, I was told like many on here that we were just waiting for the beta to be released only for it to be put on hold but now it seems we have been forgotten. I presume the beta release is for both fourth and 4K Apple tv’s already.

0 Thanks
MrZippy
Contributor 3

One for beta testers, check that lip-sync is good when match frame rate is turned on in Apple TV settings.. I suggest this as it wasn’t with Amazon Prime when launched on Apple TV, haven’t noticed recently so think they fixed. 

Breaking_Bad
Contributor 5

Come on - let’s have the new app in time for Christmas