cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

AppleTV App Beta

When is the AppleTV app Beta going to start, I got an email saying 2nd half of August & not heard anything since. Also will the App be delivered by Apple Test Flight?

Roland

316 REPLIES 316
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

When is the AppleTV app Beta going to start, I got an email saying 2nd half of August & not heard anything since. Also will the App be delivered by Apple Test Flight?

Roland

Hi @Anonymous User You will be notified of this soon. No exact date as of yet i'm afraid.

ianjukes
Mentor

Any further news on the Apple TV beta? I’ve been checking my emails regularly and keeping an eye on this thread. I signed up and completed the follow-up questionnaire, but haven’t heard anything since. 😬

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It’s not going to happen anymore for next six months. It’s just terrible how they treated this whole issue. I am affrid to tell you that there will be no update till summer 2019. 

@Anonymous User wrote:

It’s not going to happen anymore for next six months. It’s just terrible how they treated this whole issue. I am affrid to tell you that there will be no update till summer 2019. 

Can you please provide factual evidence to backup this claim? Otherwise it's just one person's speculation or opinion, isn't it?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Do we have any official word on what’s going on with timelines mods?

Thanks

p

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You are kidding, another 9 months , that is horrendous. They are trying to push you down the route of buying their box or Sky Q.

I am not leaving apple tv, I have all in 4K, HDR, and Dolby Vision and Dolby atmos, now sky get back to it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

You are kidding, another 9 months , that is horrendous. They are trying to push you down the route of buying their box or Sky Q.

I am not leaving apple tv, I have all in 4K, HDR, and Dolby Vision and Dolby atmos, now sky get back to it.

Same here man. I love my Apple TV 4K too. It’s smooth and amazing experience. Since I have Apple TV 4K I have stopped using sky q too. 

This delay all done for the sale of new Now Tv 4K box. Funny part is this you can still just watch now tv on these boxes in 720p only 720p.hahahaha

Sky Q box or now tv boxes are just about making money form their hardware. look how they compared new 4K  now tv Apple TV 

https://web.static.nowtv.com/images/NOWTV_2017/06_NOW_TV_Box/Liverpool%20Box%20assets/Streaming%20Device%20Pricing_for_web_250918.pdf

we are not into your hardware we want you to improve now tv steaming quality 720p to at least 1080p

Apple TV, Chromecast, EE TV, LG TV, NOW TV Box, NOW TV Smart Box, NOW TV Smart Stick, Roku, PS3, PS4, Samsung TV, Xbox 360, Xbox One
Only stream in 720p

World is moved to 1080p live streaming and they are still stuck on 720p. Even on demand is 720p.  

For now Apple TV Using smart DNS is way go for more 4K and live sport in 1080p. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

where is apple tv app beta, kindly any official in this forum can have some say about it. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please. In Italy you said once updated the app in UK it will be available...