cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fbadini
Occasional Poster

Re: AppleTV App Beta

Ok guys...xmas has gone. Now BEFORE 2019? 

0 Thanks
TonyThomas
First Poster

Let’s hope that the new version comes early 2019 because it’s the one major downside of Apple TV and was a big disappointment when I bought it that the Now TV app is well below the standard of Prime and Netflix. 

0 Thanks
fbadini
Occasional Poster

C'mon... now you are in two weeks in a row of testing... release it!

0 Thanks
dr_necessitor
Scholar 5

@fbadini wrote:

C'mon... now you are in two weeks in a row of testing... release it!

Haha! I don't think that's quite how testing is supposed to work...

0 Thanks
moroboshi
Advocate 2

@Scointer12 wrote:

Well that’s disappointing, I was told like many on here that we were just waiting for the beta to be released only for it to be put on hold but now it seems we have been forgotten. I presume the beta release is for both fourth and 4K Apple tv’s already.

The beta is in the hands of testers and has been for a few weeks now. I'm in the group. We all had to sign NDAs however so can say nothing about it. I'm afraid you'll just have to be patient.

nickmorc
Helper 3

Cmon, Now Tv get this released, we have been waiting for such a long time. If theres an issue then let us know.

Still never got a reply from the trials team, which is disapointing.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
dr_necessitor
Scholar 5

@nickmorc wrote:

Cmon, Now Tv get this released, we have been waiting for such a long time. If theres an issue then let us know.

As I understand it, it’s only been “in testing” for a short while!

Surely you are not advocating that NOW TV should adopt “the other way of testing software” (i.e. do absolutely NO pre-release testing then launch it on an unsuspecting customer base and wait for the seething rage to rain down from them about releasing un-tested software)?!

nickmorc
Helper 3

I am not referring to how long its been in Beta but how long we have waiting to get to this point. I have done testing for Now Tv and a majority of the testing was completed rather quickly. Its a valid question, does it work or not !

I assume as its not been released theres an issue, thats fine, but a little bit of news would be good, for all us that have been waiting for the past year and more. Sadly some on this forum seem to think they work for Now Tv and never understand how you defend simple comments

0 Thanks
dr_necessitor
Scholar 5

@nickmorc wrote:

I am not referring to how long its been in Beta but how long we have waiting to get to this point. I have done testing for Now Tv and a majority of the testing was completed rather quickly. Its a valid question, does it work or not !

I assume as its not been released theres an issue, thats fine, but a little bit of news would be good, for all us that have been waiting for the past year and more. Sadly some on this forum seem to think they work for Now Tv and never understand how you defend simple comments

Like the rest of us, you’ll just have to wait to find out (and no I don’t work for now tv)

0 Thanks
moroboshi
Advocate 2

@nickmorc wrote:

At least you know that a new app exists. For years that seemed unlikely to ever be the case.