cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anderudd

Apple TV 4K Now TV Playback error

Hi,

We've loved the Apple TV Now app, but we recently started getting the error 'Sorry! Unable to play requested content at the moment, please try again later.' We are the only account (no one else is using it), we have the latest apple tv (4k 2023), we've deleted, unloaded, updated and reloaded the app, but we continue to get the same error. Its become very disappointing we can no longer watch Now TV on our apple tv device.

17 REPLIES 17
RoyB
Legend

@JustMe @Anderudd @nst @PaulNormanUK @Nitro 

And now lots of people are reporting that True Detective Season 4 Epiode 1 won’t play on the Apple TV device,

I’ve just tried this for myself; the screen convulses, shudders, and then an error message comes up.

I’ve had a couple of similar, but different, ones.

S1E1 Is fine on the Apple TV; so is S4E1 on the Now app on the TV I am using.

Something to be addressed by Now here 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
PaulNormanUK
Scholar 3

Ah, yes. Just tried these on demand programs and I get the same error.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@PaulNormanUK 

See the post from a member of NOW staff in this thread. 

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Content-Issues-Missing-Episodes/Surreal-Estate-Season-2-Error-trying-...

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@gavs82008 @PaulNormanUK 

Seems to be OK again now.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
JustMe
Scholar

Same here. Great news 😎

annoyedatnowtv
Advocate

@Anderudd This is not limited to Apple TV. I get similar issues with the NOW TV app on a Sony Bravia smart TV (granted, it's a bit older) with a FireTV 4K stick... "ERROR.PLAYER.ANDROID.UNKNOWN.MAIN_CONTENT" is my error. 

RoyB
Legend

@annoyedatnowtv 

a. It’s a quite different error.

b. It doesn’t matter how old your TV is  it would be how old the Firestick is. And it doesn’t sound like an old one.

JustMe
Scholar

@annoyedatnowtv  check your Fire TV Stick for updates.

Settings > My Fire TV > About > Check for Updates. Once done, restart your device. Unplug it for 1 minute and plug it back in.

Stitch TV Off.

Then remove all HDMI devices, unplug TV from wall and leave off for 30-40 mins

Plug back in and restart.

This should cleave the error if it is on your device, or has done for friends.

If not check your resolution is in range, and swap HDMi devices on TV just to rule out TV.

Apple TV and Fire Sticks use different systems, so the error isn't the same.