cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Android tv app wont login

Hi

I've recently got the NowTV app and intended on playing it through my android tv.

I set it up on my android phone.. no problems... can login and view however when I go to sign in on my tv it says the details are incorrect 

I got NowTV to send me my username 

I reset my password and still no luck 

2 people on the helpdesk have been able to help I was wondering if anyone else had this issue and how they got round it

Thanks 

1 REPLY 1
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Samsungs aren’t Android TVs, and have the NowTV app in the Smart Hub, either present, or downloadable from the inbuilt App Store.

Android TVs are made by Sony and Philips, and don’t offer NowTV. ‘Android TV’ isn’t quite ‘Android’ (it needs the leanback launcher and apps modified to be driven from a remote control), so these devices have their own Android TV AppStore, containing apps that have been so modified.

There are various techie ways of getting Android apps going on Android TVs, with varying degrees of success, but you don’t want to get tangled up in all that, you just want to get a £15 NowTV stick and pop it in an HDMI slot on the TV.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.