cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV on Roku Stick ?

Im looking into getting a Roku Stick for my parents as the NowTV boxes don't have netflix on them.

So my question is, can my parents buy the Roku stick and access NowTV and all the catch up stuff with my account ? I know you can only have 4 devices whilst 2 watching at the same time..

thanks

17 REPLIES 17
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Might be worth watching this YouTube video clip of the Roku Express.  

https://youtu.be/It_ZSbzwiWg

Roku returns to the UK market with the Roku Express, an entry level device for HD TVs at a very competitive GB£29.99. Perfect for second TVs, the Express uses 11bgn WiFi to deliver all the main UK catchup channels - iPlayer, ITV Hub, All4 and Demand 5 - plus the usual on-demand providers - ...
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a now tv black box spare I could test first before buying the roku
Are nowtv boxes the same refresh rate ?
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
I have a now tv black box spare I could test first before buying the roku
Are nowtv boxes the same refresh rate ?

The nowtv black boxes are fixed at a native 50hz video playback so this wouldn't give you an idea about 60hz judder.

Like I said a lot of people don't notice it, but I am just making you aware that the Roku Express is fixed at 60hz playback.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Slight judder is fine. On my cheap TV I get judder whilst using my NowTV box, so as long as it’s no worse than that they will be fine
It was a very expensive tv it it’s day so should hold up just fine.
If we buy from curries for example we can always send it back

Thanks for the info I will update once we have the stick
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Perfect thanks
And just to confirm they will get all the catchup nowtv channels for sky Atlantic and sky one plus the live TV ?
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Yep the NowTV App is identical to the NowTV App on the black box including the NowTV Sports, Entertainment, Cinema and Kids live channels.

This link page will give you an idea of all the Apps available on the Roku players 

https://www.roku.com/en-gb/whats-on

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

The only main App that is not on the Roku that I am aware of, which is on the NowTV boxes is the Sky Sports News HQ App.

However, if you have a NowTV Sky Sports Pass, then you can watch Sky Sports News HQ via the Roku NowTV App on the dedicated Sky Sports News HQ live channel.

Edit ~ The Roku player is also missing the Sky Sports Box Office App as well if that's important to your parents.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I do subscribe to sky sports
Sounds great 👍 thank you