cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

2 Month NowTV Cinema Pass with a New Chromecast Purchase from Authorized Retailers

Looks like Chromecast have a new Promotional offer where if you purchase, setup and activate a new Chromecast device before the 31st of January 2018 you can redeem a 2 month NowTV Cinema Pass.

The T&C's about the Chromecast Now TV promo offer are on the linked page below.

https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/6008836?hl=en-GB&ref_topic=6065164

Can the @Anonymous User Please provide clarification / confirmation if this promo offer is available for existing customers, together with new nowtv customers where there is no mention in the T&C's.

Where the below screen shot taken from the Chromecast website says "Open to New and Existing Customers" ?

Screenshot (44).png

54 REPLIES 54
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Chromecast as another NowTV Promotional offer on their website where you can get 2 months Cinema pass for £5 for existing and new customers where the offer must be redeemed by 28th of February 2018.

Just checked my old Chromecast Dongle and the NowTV offer is there ready to be redeemed Smiley Happy

Screenshot (45).png

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just tried to redeem the offer. I have a Chromecast 1st edition and when I tap on redeem it just closes the Chromecast home app. So I called Chromecast support and they advise me, this offer is only available to 2nd edition Chromecast users! Doesn't say that in the t&c but the guy on the other end didn't seem to care too much about that. Just said he would feed it back!!
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I agree it's a bit misleading if they don't say that the Google Chromecast generation 1 are excluded from the NowTV £5 two month cinema promo offer.

Just read the T&C 's from the Google Chromecast Offer and here's their "get out of jail free card" taken from the promo T&C's.

• Google and Sky UK reserve the right to change, cancel or amend this offer at any time.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been trying to redreem this offer for the last 6 days but whatever I do it only gives me 1 month, nowTV support (which is awful) say it shows up as 2 months on their system, almost at the point of giving up and just accepting I'll only get a month 😞

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

So you have already applied the Chromecast voucher code to your NowTV account or is the code saying something like not recognised ?

If you believe you have added the code, when you go to the Now TV website with your internet browser and click on My Account > My Passes what does it say (maybe take a screen shot and post back here).

Also, when you go to My Account > My Payment does it show the first £2.50 payment taken from your account for the two month £5 cinema pass ?

Are you sure you have only ever created one NowTV account, if you have used other usernames on your card previously, maybe check them as well.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Should have also asked, are you trying to redeem the free two month cinema voucher code for a purchase of a brand new Chromecast or are you redeeming the Chromecast offer of £5 for a two month cinema pass on your existing Chromecast device? 

BicBasher
Elite

I redemmed this offer with a 2nd Gen Chromecast yesterday with no issues.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Using the link from the Google Home app/web page to NowTV didn't work, but using the voucher code* from the URL brings up the normal confirm UI saying it is for 1 month and my first £9.99 payment will be in November.

It's a brand new Chromecast Ultra but we have been NowTV users for a while but I've only ever setup one account.

* this is the voucher code support say is for 2 months.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

What i can't understand is that when you spoke to live chat that they confirmed on their computer system that you have the two month cinema voucher pass on your account, where when you check your account yourself by going to the Now TV website with your internet browser and selecting My Account > My Passes you are saying the cinema pass is showing a one month pass where you will be charged £9.99 during November.

Normally i would say it sounds like you have more than one account, but you have reassured me this is not the case.

When you go to My Account > My Payments does it show £0 payment this month for a cinema pass free offer ?