cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Used up monthly allowance for adding devices

I have been trying to add my iphone as my 4th device without success. I keep getting the message "Used up monthly allowance for adding devices" I haven't changed any devices and still have an unused slot.

I also just tried to watch a film on my laptop that has always been on my device list and i now get the same message.

Could you sort this out please as it is getting frustrating and i'm clearly not the only one who is having these issues.

109 REPLIES 109
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

I have allowed you a few extra changes to get you up and running.

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi my account is doing the same, I have no devises added on mine, but still cannot watch anything?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

That should be resolved for you too

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Im getting the same message. Can you please reset my acc as I dont use Movie Pass that much.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey @Anonymous User

That's all sorted for you.

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Guys,

So, I have recently bowed to pressure and changed from Windows 7 to Windows 10 - much better in many ways.  I formatted and clean installed it all from scratch.  Last night I got back onto NowTV to find that I couldn't watch anything saying that I had reached the Maximum Number of Devices allowed.  I reviewed my devices and noticed that my PC was still listed.  I deleted a mobile device that hadn't been used in a while and my PC once again worked.

The problem that I have is, the mobile device I deleted, I think was my wifes Tablet.  Of course, she now is complaining that she can't watch a film on NowTV.

My Questions are these:

1.  Why on earth would you have a device cap limit?  I need my Login and Password to log into the NowTV system so why should it matter how many devices I want to watch it on?

2.  Because you impose a limit of how many devices I can have linked with my account, why would you handicap this limit by enforcing a 'Time Limit' before I can watch on a new device?

A good suggestion would be.  Have unlimited device swaps / uses but, as another company does, have it limited by how many can watch it at the same time, rather than how many devices you can watch it on at all.

With modern technology moving quickly and people swapping and getting new gadgets all the time I think that NowTV should review this policy as a matter of utmost importance.

Apart from that, the service is great, reliable and show some good films.....ok not that much on for my taste at the moment but I am sure it will improve.

Thanks

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

So, I have recently bowed to pressure and changed from Windows 7 to Windows 10 - much better in many ways.  I formatted and clean installed it all from scratch.  Last night I got back onto NowTV to find that I couldn't watch anything saying that I had reached the Maximum Number of Devices allowed. 

Hi @Anonymous User,

I suggest you contact a NOW TV representative via the forums 'live chat' facility and explain your requirements to them. As they often reset the devices limits for their customers.

The easiest way of contacting 'Live Chat' is by using a Windows or Mac computer, along with various many makes and models of mobile phones and tablets (provided their screen resolution is high enough). Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • Click on the blue 'Start Live Chat' button on the left of the web page.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

By-the-way... If you have Windows 8.1 (or higher) installed on your computer, the best way to view the NOW TV service is by installing the NOW TV Windows app. If you haven't already done-so 😉

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi SeeMoreDigital

Helpful and constructive advice, thak you for your response.

I have to say that I was unaware of the Windows App - I shall check it out.

Your time in replying is appreciated.

Thank you

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Darkelf

First of all, I must tell you that I have nothing to do with Now TV other than I am an ordinary customer.

OK, lets move on to your queries.  You know, you've asked a couple of good but short sighted questions and I propose to answer you this way:

You probably realise that Now TV, in order to carry out it's business, have to conform to certain laws rules, both local and international, as well as conditions imposed by program copyright holders.

Now, in order to insure that they continue to run their business, and provide us with a continuing service, those rules, regulations and conditions they have to adhere to have to get passed onto their customers in the form of "terms and conditions" (aka Ts & Cs).

Surely you must know that no one running a business is going to deliberately create obstacles to prevent their customers from using their services, so there must be something else like, for example, rules and regulations that have to be complied with to keep their various licences and actually stay in business.

Something to think about.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi UK Bob

Agreed...it may be that BSkYB prevents them from allowing modification of things like changing devices at the customers behest or one of the movie production / licencing authorities.

Of course, I completely understand the fact that a business would not deliberately place obstructive obstacles in the way of their paying clients, however, not every piece of software or such suits everyone and, unless people make a constructive comment on it (as have done above in my previous post) everything appears to be fine and nothing gets resolved (despite it possibly only being me in this case - i can't, of course speak for anyone else)

I do understand that other streaming services such as N.... and A..... (I avoid using the names due to possible infringments of the Forum Rules) can be watched on as many devices as you see fit (this is a fact by the way) and have no need to be altered by a member of their Admin Staff so that you can watch it on your new device, but, again, as you said in your post....they probably don't have the same licence restrictions as NowTV.

Thank you though for your kind post, it does give me something to think about.