cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Terrible picture quality

Hello,

I'm trying to watch Game of Thrones via the Now TV player on my laptop. However, the picture quality keeps on dropping down to becoming extremely pixelated for no reason. The picture quality will go from fine to terrible, and then stay terrible for about 30 seconds before going back to watchable.

The problem is not with my internet connection, as I have no trouble watching HD on Iplayer, Netflix, or Youtube.

How do I force Now TV to always play in HD? If it takes a little longer to buffer that's perfectly fine by me, but it's unacceptable to have these constant drops in picture quality.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I can't help with your terrible picture quality that you are experiencing sorry, however if you are using Windows 8.1 or higher you could try the dedicated NowTV app which you can download from the Microsoft Store (some members have had mixed results from trying both options).

One note of caution that downloading the NowTV App from the Microsoft Store instead of using your NowTV player in your browser counts towards your 4 number maximum device limit. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I can't help with your terrible picture quality that you are experiencing sorry, however if you are using Windows 8.1 or higher you could try the dedicated NowTV app which you can download from the Microsoft Store (some members have had mixed results from trying both options).

One note of caution that downloading the NowTV App from the Microsoft Store instead of using your NowTV player in your browser counts towards your 4 number maximum device limit. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can confirm that this did work for me too! Also fixed the sound quality! Download the NOWTV app from the microsoft store!