cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Poor experience on PC

I would like to know the best way to give feedback that might actually *change* the way Now TV is delivered on PCs.  (I can't seem to submit this as on the Ideas section.)

I like the shows on Now TV but I absolutely hate the experience of having to watch it on PC. The reasons include:

- Now TV only works on Internet Explorer 11, which is very slow compared to Chrome (have to wait for 20-30 seconds just to go to new page - this is on a reasonably faster PC (core i3, 8GB RAM) and 30 Mbps broadband. Netflix and Amazon on Chrome are much faster and more pleasant to use.

- the downloadable Windows app was so broken it could not be used - after pressing Play, the play button was still permanently visible all the way through the episode, in middle of screen!

- uniquely to Now TV and unlike Netflix and Amazon Prime, the Now TV player is unable to keep track of which episodes I've already watched. Even showing a progress bar or percentage watched would be useful. Netflix and Amazon make it very easy to hit Next to see next episode (Netflix does this best but Amazon at least has basic feature here).

- unlike every other service, NowTV forgets the password in less than a day - how about setting this to a week or more, like Netflix?

- the website is clunky and difficult to use - after logging in you often have to refresh the page as it doesn't have the very basic feature of "return me to the page where I was"

The content is very good (Mad Men, Westworld, GoT, Tin Star, etc(, but the  delivery on PC is really horrible.

If the same content is on some other platform, I will always watch it there, and I inwardly groan when I must use Now TV.

Using a Now TV box or game console is not an option as I have a home PC dedicated to use with the TV, and it works fine for everything else.

I'm curious why Now TV so far behind the competition in their user experience for PCs and Macs, and has been for years without fixing this.

3 REPLIES 3
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Your feedback is fine in a forum post like this, although for specific faults might be best to start a new thread for each eg app not working.

Watchlists and Continue Watching lists can be accessed via the My TV link in the header of the website, it will show you next episodes to watch or any episodes you are part way through.

Not sure which app you refer to. If it's the NOW TV Player helper app when accessing through Chrome, Firefox etc then there is also a separate dedicated app you can install from the Windows Store which you might prefer.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/p/now-tv/9wzdncrdm157

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Actually I tried the latest Now Player (direct download as PC is on Windows 7) and it works fine now - that bug from June is fixed and it opens OK from Chrome.  Now I can get rid of IE11!

That addresses the first two items, but the website is still poor.

One other thing - since it logs you out so frequently, a simple Login button in top banner would help - I end up clicking Account details just to get a login prompt.

Thanks for the tips about watchlists and Contue Watching, will try that.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I think it's the fact that NOW TV have so many different products - sports, kids, entertainment, movies, Combo, broadband, boxes etc that it does end up looking cluttered at times.

Can't do anything about the website, but I'm more often than not watching something that is on my Continue Watching list (you'll find both episodes you are currently part way through there as well as next episodes to watch and new weekly episodes will appear there for current shows) or on my Watchlist (find something you like and click the Add to My TV button adds things to your watchlist)

So you might find it easier to avoid going to the NOW TV homepage and just bookmarking this as your go to page

http://watch.nowtv.com/mytv/viewing-history

Each time you go there you will get the sign in prompt automatically. Might make things a bit simpler for you.