cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adam6
Mentor

Unexpected Error (on iPhone)

I am able to log onto my NOW TV account online but when trying to get on using the NOW TV app I get an ‘unexpected error’ message?

My account is through BT and I have re-downloaded the app and updated my phone, but can’t figure out how to get onto my account using the app on a iPhone 11 phone.

17 REPLIES 17
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Adam6 

As your billing for NOW is through BT you’ll be happy to hear that they can offer telephone support. Which NOW don’t.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/bt-support

All I could suggest is try using your mobile data or unplugging the router for a few minutes.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Adam6
Mentor

Thank you for your support I’ll try unplugging the router, as I don’t have enough data on my mobile contract to regularly stream this way.

Adam6
Mentor

Unfortunately, neither has worked, but thank you 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Adam6 
Give BT a call and they will be able to sort you out.

Adam6
Mentor

Called BT and discovered that my NOW TV account isn’t active until the day after tomorrow. Really appreciate your support getting to this solution/understanding. 

RoyB
Legend

@Adam6 

If you encounter further difficulties when it is live, try turning off Private Relay, in iCloud, on the phone.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Ballybollenstev
Advocate

Did this get fixed… I have exactly same error with exactly the same situation as you… including iPhone model… working on iPad an tv boxes … NOW tv chat support completly useless 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Ballybollenstev 

Who is your broadband with?

Ballybollenstev
Advocate

BT for broadband and TV