cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV APP not Available on my Smart TV

I was trying to save some money by dumping Sky and switching to NOW TV. Up until recently I was sharing a flat with a friend, and he bought the Smart TV and paid for Sky.

My friend then died last month so I'm busy removing all the expensive stuff he paid for so I can keep within my much lower budget.

Silly me. I thought Smart TVs would have the Now app, or at least I had the option to find it in the App store. So far I have spent £10 or so to watch TV on my laptop, which I use for work, so isn't an option. 

Before some of you think...she should have checked the TV first for apps. My best friend just died and my head's a shed right now. He bought the TV and I have no idea what kind he bought, only that it was a Smart TV

I'm now waiting for my fire stick to turn up.

In the meantime, BBC Iplayer it is then lol

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Like most streaming services not all devices are supported. However recently NOW has been added to a raft of Android TV based Smart TVs.

See this link for all current supported devices for NOW.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Like most streaming services not all devices are supported. However recently NOW has been added to a raft of Android TV based Smart TVs.

See this link for all current supported devices for NOW.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there. Thanks for your reply 

When I realised there was no NOW app on my TV, I went to the page you linked to and bought a generation 2 Amazon Fire stick. I've never used one so I'm looking forward to my new toy arriving on Saturday.

I don't think I need any more answers as your reply was spot on. Thanks very much for your help.